Help Honeymoon in Bali!

Apr 29th, 2002, 01:20 PM
soraya

Help Honeymoon in Bali!

Can anyone tell me if going all inclusive to club bali mirage is agood idea for 14 days??
And also we are in between Nikko hotel or Grand mirage,could you recommend any of this options for honeymooners?? or if you have a better option please let me know!!!

May 1st, 2002, 10:30 AM
Jim Sojka

On my honeymoon (last Nov), we stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Jimbaran. It was extremely nice and worth the money. One thing that I found though is that each area of Bali i distinct. I think that spending 14 days in one area might be too much. Spending time in various places will give you a better feel for the place. Another thing is if you stay in the south, you shoudl realize that you have to hire a car to get just about anywhere. At the Ritz, it was too far to walk anywhere for meals so we had to eat at the resort every night. It was good, but one of the best things about going to exotic places is mingling with different locals.

May 2nd, 2002, 12:34 PM
soraya

Thank you for your response,I ve heard beaautifull things about the four seasons, but is not on my budget,I think that if they stay 6 days in melia in nusa dua, and 6 days in sanur at the bali hyatt,they will get a little bit more of bali. I got this 2 resorts from another people that has posted their experience and Im crossing my fingers,so they have the best time of their lives,Ihavent booked yet,but if you have something to say about this two properties let me Know.....tks again

May 2nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
soraya

Sorry Jimmm
I meant to say Ritz Carlton!!!!

May 3rd, 2002, 07:33 AM
Amy

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Bali in May 2000. We booked our honeymoon through ClubABC Tours (www.clubabc.com). Everything was included (airfare, 3 different hotels in different parts of the island, tours, some meals at the hotels and during tours, cooking classes at one of the hotels and transfers to/from the airport and hotels). We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Bali in Nusa Dua, the Chedi Serai in Candi Dasa and the Chedi Ubud in Ubud. It was a fabulous honeymoon and we had a great time. We got to see a majority of the island. We did opt out of a couple of the optional tours so we could spend more time "honeymooning" but I would not have traded our time in Bali for the world. You should check out the website above for more information if you haven't gotten too far into planning your honeymoon because I don't think you can beat the price or the convenience of it all. My husband had checked out the airfare to and from NJ to Bali and back and the airfare and two nights in one of the hotels was about what we paid for the entire time there. The hotels were 5-star resorts and we could not have afforded this trip on our own. Hope this helps. You will enjoy every minute of your stay in Bali. It was absolutely wonderful!! Congratulations!!