Hawaiiantraveler from Guenmai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled up your trip report. I don't know how I missed it before, but since I JUST got back from Paris...I took my mom for 8 nights...well...my mind has been occupied with other things. Anyhow, I knew you'd love the Four Seasons. To me it's just very westcoast if you know what I mean....lots of light in the atrium area where the rooms are located. Plants and greenery and the most important...impeccable, yet as you very well stated..."comfortable". It's that west coast kind of laid-backness, yet elegant. I absouletly adore the place and yes, my room at the FS was definitely bigger than my room at the Oriental. I'm glad I've tried both the Oriental and the Pen along with many other hotels in BK, but as far as I'm concerned nothing comes near the FS. And I'm glad you liked Basil restaurant,too. I thought you would. I can't wait to eat there again. And the chef was so incredibly nice. He was at my table for quite a long time and we chatted endlessly. So, when I get a break, I'll continue reading your trip report. I haven't had time to read the whole report. I just pulled it up. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 12:03 PM

Hi Guenmai
I'm in Europe right now, but not Paris. I've been in Germany, Switzerland and Italy for two weeks. Flying back to ORD tomorrow from ZRH.

See you in HNL at a GTG in August, maybe????

Carol
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 12:41 PM

Thanks guen for all of your recommendaions we really enjoyed the Four Seasons,laid back yet elegant. We were wondering where you had gone to as I haven't seen your posts for a while. Looking forward to seeing you , Carol and all others at a GTG in the fall.
Aloha!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Is there a date and location for that fall GTG yet?
Carol
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Hawaiiantraveler....Glad you and Linda had a great trip. I've finally finished reading your trip report. When I was in Bangkok for three weeks, I missed the FS so much until I just went there a few times to sit in the lobby, after shopping, and have a cold drink or to eat at Biscotti. The staff thought I was still staying there, but I had to confess that I had an apartment across town. They thanked me for at least dropping by and chit-chatting and dining with them. They're all very sweet. Many remembered me although I didn't remember them.And I met many new staff memebers who just came up to my table in the lobby and started talking to me...... So, when is there going to be a Honolulu GTG? Remember the Boston one is in October, so it can't conflict with that one. Where is Kuranosuke these days? We need to set up a GTG date as airfares can be outrageous at certain times of the year. Is Isis back in Honolulu or still on the road somewhere? Where is Lcuy? And Carol,it's too bad our paths didn't cross in Europe. Well, I'd better end for now. Take care folks. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Oh, Carole, I'll see you in Boston. I had an airline voucher I needed to use soon and therefore ticketed it around three weeks ago for Boston. I got the voucher on the way to last year's Boston GTG. So, I'll be at the hotel where the GTG will be held like before. I really liked that hotel.Plus, the food was great. And since my kebaya has been finished...the one that didn't get finished until a week or two after the last Boston GTG, well, for the upcoming one, I'll wear it. I'll also bring along my gorgeous kebaya book for the show-and-tell part of the GTG like we had last time which was fun. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM

Guenmai

I look forward to chatting in BOS. I don't know what to bring for show and tell this time... I may pass on that one, other than photos on my computer which I always gladly share.

How long will you be in BOS this time? I'm not booked on a flight yet but I do have my hotel room for Saturday night.

Carol (no e)
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Just the weekend, Carol. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:59 PM

ladies....not sure we will have show and tell this time....it did not draw that much interest, except for gpanda's speedo...
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

OK,Bob...Happy Travels!