have 19 days.. what should I do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi! I am planning a trip to asia with my boyfriend in may. We are going to China on a tour(beijin, shanghai, hong kong 11 days...) and then backpacking around. we have 19 days left and I would like to see bangkok, ko samui or pucket, Siem Reap for sure! and then not sure if visit kuala lumpur and singapore or somewhere in vietnam (like hanoi and ho chi ming). What do you think ????????????

We also have the possibility to do 2 or 3 days in each place and get to see all the places, but it could be very tireing..... I want to see as much as I can , as it could be my only trip to asia(at least for many many years). I live in argentina and it is too far away and too expensive !!!!

thanks and kisses.-
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 03:11 AM

Shame your staying in the East of China - a lot the real interesting stuff is found in west - Sichuan and Yunnan hold real treasures.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Syl

I suggest you make use of your China visa & get to Yangshuo (outside of Guilin).Stay at the Li River Retreat in the large room with wonderful views over the Li.Watch the sunrise & sunset from your window or the deck.Bamboo raft down the tranquil Yulong River, see the spectacular Impression Show directed by the fellow who was in charge of the Olympics opening & then fly west to Kunming & make your way north to Lijiang, where this Unesco Heritage town is charming,see the Impression Show on the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (enjoyed it even more than the one in Yangshuo),climb Tiger Leaping Gorge(if you're in shape) & stay overnight at an inn on the top with amazing views & either go further north to see the beautiful Tibetan Monastery & monks of Shangrila or- fly back to Kunming & fly to Thailand or Cambodia. Laowai is right.China is a treasure to explore & we're glad we took advantage by seeing as much as possible on our 18 day trip.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

thanks syl. but as it is probably my only trip to asia for many years, i want to see a little more than china... I wish i could have 3 month to stay and seeing it all, but I only have a month.... unfortunately!

have you been in any other SE asia country?
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM

Thailand and Cambodia are easy countries to visit. You have 19 days, so I'd say choose 4 places, 5 max. Bangkok, a beach and Angkor Wat are tops on your list. If I had to add one more, I;d likely choose Luang Prabang, Laos or Hanoi. I don't find KL very interesting.
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM

Hi,
With 19days for Thailand, singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, I think you have to go with quickly trip.
You can go to Koh Samui(2-3days)Bangkok(2-3days), then transfer to Hanoi and around(5-6days), so you have time flight to Singapore and Kualalumper (4-5days).
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM

What kind of things do you two like to do? That would help as this region offers so many things. I would pick Singapore over KL and I live in KL. KL is somewhat boring. Restaurant and nightlife not as good as SIngapore.