hanoi opera house

Search

hanoi opera house

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hanoi opera house

I'll be in Ha Noi 27-30 Nov 07 inclusive. Does anyone know what will be on at the Opera House then? or any other events of note during that time - thinking ballet, classical music or local music/theatre/special events.

How can I find out, either before I go or once I am there?

Thx.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 04:21 AM

Try this:

http://www.ticketvn.com/hh_index.php?lang_id=en
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Original Poster

Brilliant! Thx. And there's a concert on 28 Nov too. Lucky me. But as I have no local address to give them I guess I will have to pitch up in person at the box office the day before at best, and hope.

Don't suppose you know, eks, whether the box office is actually at the Opera House, or whether there are other ticketing agents with walk-in offices that might be open late?

Really appreciate your help.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:56 AM

Chimani I don't know that. But if you know your hotel already you could have them deliver it there (?)

Have a great trip! I will be there in January!
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

Eks, no idea where I will be staying. Haven't decided yet between train from Danang (arrive early in the morning) or fly from Danang (arrive late afternoon).

Either way I'll be winging it.

There are so many places to stay I don't expect it to be a problem.

You? Sounds like you have been there before. So where do you stay?

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:07 AM

Chimani: NO..I have traveled in SE Asia a lot and been to Vietnam once (in 2000), but only to Saigon (visiting a relative).
But I will be going to Hanoi in January. Staying at the Hilton..please do not bash me!!!!..(I know I can get a lot cheaper but I wanted a place where I could swim; I am sure that sounds ridiculous to most people but that is the unvarnished truth).

What is your itinerary, if you don't mind sharing??
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Hi Eks,

Have just revisited your reply to my original question, only now I'm in Hanoi and will be able to check out the OH myself tomorrow.

You asked about my itinerary. Originally it was arrive SGN; stay 2 nights; do 2 or 3 day tour to Mekong; head for Hue for a couple of nights; then bus to Hoi An for 5 nights; train to Hanoi for 4 nights; fly back to SGN and fly home.

I pre-booked hotels in SGN and Hoi An only.

So far what I've actually done has been. 3 nights in SGN (I got in early evening and found I needed a day to get my bearings) hence the extra day to actually see stuff. Then 2 days 1 night in the Delta; one more night in SGN prior to a 0700 flight to Hue giving me 2 and half days there.

I decided not to go to Hoi An because of the terrible weather outlook - rain, rain and more rain - which is funnily really, as that was where I'd decided to spend most time before even booking the international flight. haha. All change!

At Hue I was able to exchange the Danang-Hanoi train ticket I'd bought in SGN for Hue-Hanoi and arrived in Hanoi this morning.

I have eight days here instead of 3 so am contemplating the possibilities.

Cheers.

Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi chimani - if the weather in Hanoi is good definitely consider visiting Halong Bay. I booked on the Dragon Pearl at Tamarind Cafe (great place to hang out) and recommend it. With that much time I suppose you could consider Sapa, but there's so much to see in Hanoi itself. Where did you wind up staying?