Hammocks in Thailand?

Search

Hammocks in Thailand?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hammocks in Thailand?

Hi: last year we spend several relaxed days in Koh Lipe, in bungalows with hammocks on the porch, facing the ocean. We never left those hammocks, it seemed. Does anyone suggest any other Thai resort/beach spots with that "hammock lifestyle?"
Thanks!
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Boy, can I understand the "hammock lifestyle!" I did it in Fiji about18 years ago. What a joy!

If it was me, I'd be checking some of the smaller islands off of the coast at Krabi. Some of those places are pretty laid back. I've never personally found a hammock for myself, but then, I have not stayed on any of those small islands off the coast. I wonder about Phi Phi...
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM

We spent a few days on Koh Libong, just off the coast fom Had Yao, which sounds very similar. Very quite and peaceful. We stayed in a bungalow t right on the beach and ate some of the best food we have ever had in Thailand cooked by the owner of the bungalows in their small restaurant. We then got the ferry down the coast to Langkawi and saw loads of very small islands all of which seemd to offer "hammock opportunities".
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM

Yes Carol.....there are hammocks at Phi Phi.
Regarded as ''my office'', I've spent many hours in my favorite hammock right on the beach. At high tide, the sea gently laps away right underneath the hammock.
Will locate some photos and post a link.
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

LeighTravel, that sounds ideal...if you can remember where...? I'll also check into Libong, thanks crellston
Old Sep 20th, 2010, 08:53 AM

LeighTravelClub: I've read you were a big fan of the Holiday Inn on Koh Phi Phi and I had a question ask you: I recently looked on Booking.com to book a beachfront bungalow, and I noticed that they now have two different types of beachfront bungalow: the regular beachfront bungalow and the new coral beach studio. Do you know what is the difference between them? Their official website isn't up to date. Thanks!
Old Sep 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM

We still go for the old original beachfront bungalows. The new development is located at an area where the beach is not too good. Very rocky, so I expect that is why they are calling them coral beach studios!
For us it's no contest.....go for the original bungalows, even if they are a little tired.