Guide needed for BKK

Search

Guide needed for BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guide needed for BKK

Will be in BKK for 4 days before we join an OAT tour to Vietnam. Would like a guide and driver with a/c car to maximize our time there. Also need hotel.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 12:02 PM

Just read through the threads. Ratt is said to be first class for Bangkok. Make sure you don't get her brother, a bit of a communications problem. Cost about 250 Baht/hr. plus a per km outside Bangkok proper.Overall very reasinable.
The threads have her contact info.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Ratt is a driver, not a guide. And, frankly, you don't need a guide. Do some research first so you know what you want to see and do, and instruct your driver. You probably won't want a driver for every day, either. Many things are quicker and easier to do on your own.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Ratt is a driver, not a guide. And, frankly, you don't need a guide. Do some research first so you know what you want to see and do, and instruct your driver. You probably won't want a driver for every day, either. Many things are quicker and easier to do on your own.

There are dozens of threads about hotels in Bangkok. Do a search on this board, then ask any other questions you may have about choosing a hotel.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 05:24 AM

The only time we used a "guide" is when we went to the grand palace, and we used a guy named Nui, he was awesome! can give you his info if you want. for the driver part we used julie taxi becs ratt was booked up on the days we needed. we used juie for our airport transfers and for the trip to the floating market, besides that we just used the BTS. Everyone is right that getting around on your own is EASY!
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:42 AM

I would appreciate the information on how to contact Rui. Also, is Julie taxi a person or the name of a company?
I have written to Ratt, but she may be booked.
Thanks.

Sylvia
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 12:38 PM

Julie taxi is the name of the small company. Julie is the owner but i dont know how much she actually drives any more? If you do go with her, ask for a driver named Udohm, he took us to the floating market one day, and was so much more than just a driver! If you want to get in touch with Nui his e mail is, [email protected], the last e mail i sent said that it was delayed gettting there for some reason, so you can aslso go to www.destination-asia.com and i am sure you can e mail thru there and ask for him. to get julie taxi it is julitaxi.com or [email protected] for the email. hope that helps!
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 02:57 PM

Thank you very much.

Sylvia in Philly
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 01:32 PM

saglassman, let me know when you get in touch with them what you think!
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:18 PM

We used this guy once in Bangkok as a taxi from Holiday Inn to the Seafood Market Restaurant. He drives a late model BMW, very nice, comfortable and with air, don't know the model but fairly big. His name is Lo, he is always outside Holiday Inn but will drive people on excursions. His English is very good, my husband says is better than Ratt's. Cell phone number 01-907-9130. His price is very reasonable, for our trip it was 100B, less than a taxi would've been.

We stayed in Royal Orchid Sheraton but wanted to check out a less expensive hotel for our next trip. We went to the Holiday Inn on Silom Road, it looked decent and about half the price of the Sheraton.

If this is your first trip, it would be nice to stay on the River, it is easier to get to most of the major sites.