Greetings from Pokhara, Nepal

Old Oct 15th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

Greetings from Pokhara, Nepal

Just wanted to advise that Pokhara is glorious right now. Third visit to Nepal & never been in early October before. Now know why it's high season! Not too many tourists but busy nevertheless. Prices for clean, central hotels with TV & fan & private bathroom around US6 to US50. Found a castle on top of a hill for US10 per room with pool so don't let anyone tell you that you need to spend big bucks to be comfy here. Just had a magic lunch of avocado salad, hommus, hot lemon tea for US10 for the two of us and that's our splurge for the day. Sunny Travels run a good bus service ex Kathmandu for 350 NPR's per person. Road is OK. Bus from Indian border is a nightmare but if one has the time & little money is doable! Have fun & come on over if you're looking for a place to unwind, walk, talk, eat & drink!
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Hi, Lyndie! Thanks for the report. We'll get back to Nepal one of these days.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie-thought Bob might add his bit as I know he and Karen were planning on a trip here but things were unstable politically (as they still are)however people seem to "get on with it" and even though there are still strikes occasionally & landslides to interrupt one's travel plans the joy of being here in Pokhara outweighs the few hassles one sometimes encounters.

I think Pokhara must be on one of those latitude lines where people are at their nicest & everyone seems happy & content. Maybe there's something in the water!!

Have fun & thanks for your response.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:30 AM

Lyndie, Bob is off in Romania, but I'm sure he'd be interested in your observations. How long are you in Nepal? Doing any treking?
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:21 AM

Hi Lyndie! How timely-since I will be in Nepal sometime late January! Thanks for the report, I must say, you do get around!
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM

What are the odds of that?

Thanks Lyndie for the report and update. Sounds like you are having a memorable time.

Aloha!
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Hi everyone, again. Kathie, lots of walks locally but no trekking! Did lots when we were younger i.e. Cradle Mountain in Oz, but knees are not as good as before! We walk 10 kms most days so pretty fit but not trekkers as such!Keep well Kathy!

Girlspytravel-have a magic trip!We're back in Nepal Mar 26 2008 for 6 weeks-love the country!Travel is addictive & if we're not planning a trip I get restless!Have fun!

hwtravelr-we are blessed to be able to do what we do so God willing will keep it up!Memories are all one can take when we depart this planet, eh? Probably won't have much cash left after all this travelling but what the heck!Stay happy & talk later. All the best to everyone!!