Good Hotel near Hong Kong Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of a good hotel close to the HK airport. its just for one night stopover.

thx
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:53 PM

You just have two choices at this time. The airport is in an undeveloped part of another island, and other than some residential areas, there is nothing else around:

1. There is a hotel IN the airport, the Regal Airport Hotel, take a look at http://www.regalairport.com. This is walkable directly from the arrivals hall.

2. The other hotel is the Novotel Citygate Hotel, it is about ¾ of a mile from the airport, I believe they have a free shuttle bus to the airport, or it would be a very quick taxi ride. Take a look at http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml or novotel.com.

I know you are on a budget from your other posts, you won’t find either hotel to be in the budget range, esp the Regal.

But all that being said, Hong Kong itself is 28 minutes away by the Airport Express and you could very easily stay in town for the night. You could most likely check in for your onward flight as soon as your arrive the night before, including checking in your major luggage, and then just hop the train into town with an overnight bag, which would allow you to spend some time in Hong Kong, a great city. I don’t know what time your flight arrives or leaves the next day, so perhaps this may not be an option, but the city is very close and as you can usually check-in the night before, you may also have time in the morning to do sightseeing. If you can provide details, I could give suggestions. If your onward flight the next day is to the US, you won’t be able to check in early, but virtually all other destinations and non-US airlines allow this.

Website for Hong Kong airport is at hongkongairport.com. It will give details on early-check in, transport to town, etc.
Old May 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

well the situation is that my bro is meeting me on may 23rd evening in HK. His flight lands at 10:20pm. and we then catch a flight the next morning May 24th at 9:45am to japan. thanks for the suggestions.
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:47 PM

Well, with that late flight arrival, by the time he gets through Immigration and gets his bags it will be after 11 pm when he is coming out of the Customs doors. Staying at the airport is probably the best idea. You could still go into town for a late-night drink, head for Lan Kwai Fong in Central, the bars are open quite late. (Assuming you will be at the Novotel, take the MTR subway to the Central station, it’s less than 5 minute walk from there, bars are open until 2 or 3 am; note that the subway only runs until about 12:45 am, so you may need to take a bus or taxi back to the airport hotels.) I would still suggest you think about checking in for your Japan flight the night before, this will save you quite a bit of time in the morning. If you can’t or don’t want to, at least think about storing your big luggage overnight at the airport so you don’t have to schlep it back and forth to the hotel. You can check luggage for HK$35 (US$4) go to http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/a...gage.html#left for info. The "Meeters and Greeters Hall" is the main arrivals area, the Left Luggage area is on the far right of the hall as you exit the baggage claim/Customs areas.
Old May 12th, 2007, 10:18 PM

A 9:45am flight to Japan is not that early. If you can't get a good rate at the Citygate, or if you really want to spend some time in the city, I'll stay in the city. Pain in the butt to wait for a "night bus" back to Tung Chung, and expensive to use a taxi, after MTR closes.

With most airlines, you can check-in at the Hong Kong or Kowloon Airport Express station in the morning, as late as 8:15am for your flight. Then take the AE to the airport in about 20 minutes.