GOING TO DUBAI!

Search

GOING TO DUBAI!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOING TO DUBAI!

Going to Dubai for six days.... are there any must do's or must see's? Can you recommend any good restaurants and activites? We are staying at the Burj Al Arab.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 05:01 AM
sandi

I'm sure the Burj has an entire department (concierge) that can advise of every and anything to do in Dubai. Enjoy.

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 02:31 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Dubai a couple of years back and we had a great time there. We couldn't afford to stay at the Burj AL Arab but we went for a short tour there and it looked like an amazing hotel I have posted a trip report and some pictures from our trip on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there Have a great trip

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 02:42 AM

You'll certainly be staying in style at the Burj! We have lived in Dubai for the past two years (about one mile from the Burj in Umm Suqeim). You didn't say how soon you were coming , but if it's after the weather cools a bit (November) , I would recommend a "Dune Safari".These normally include camel rides and some Beduoin culture. The concierge can help you arrange that. Dubai has very many good restaraunts as well , really too numerous to mention. Al-Fresco dining is great in the winter , but too warm for many before late October.

Enjoy your trip !

Mel
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 03:09 AM

Six days is a long time in Dubai, esp at this time of year when temps are exceeding 100F. (I am going next week myself on business, and plan to hibernate inside the air-conditioning.)
If the weather is cool enough, then you would want a day or two just lounging by the pool or on the beach, I would think.

If possible, I would take at least 2 nights in the desert, and stay at the Al Maha. I don't think a day trip can give you quite the same experience as sunrise in the desert plus the stars that are out at night. Take a look at Leading Hotels of the World.

There is a smallish old town area in downtown Dubai that is worth a visit. There is of course a ton of shopping, which doesn't do much for me, but may for you, there are malls galore. The Gold Souk is interesting, but price gold by the once before you go to make sure you are getting a bargain.

Personally, I think the Ritz-Carlton is overall a better hotel than the Burj, but it is a matter of personal taste, I guess. I also like having a balcony to step out on and like the lawn and garden areas of the Ritz-Carlton better.

Old Sep 7th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Gard... thanks for the info. I had already viewed your information of your website! It was very helpful... thanks again!
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:14 PM

It depends on when you're going.We were there early april for Easter holiday.Most people go for the beach and Wild Wadi Water Park.The desert safari is a good option depending on the time of year.There is a concierge & butler on each floor 24 hours a day that will do anything you ask as long as it's legal.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 05:14 PM

I would go to see the horse racing at Nad Al Sheeba racetrack.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone heard of the town called Sharjah?? or Fossil Valley? If so, which souq would you recommend for a truly "authentic" Dubai experience?