GAP ADVENTURES

Search

GAP ADVENTURES

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAP ADVENTURES

I think my next trip will be to Thailand. I have been doing some research and I think this one I would like to be with a tour group. Has anyone used Gap Adventures and if so what did you think of them?
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
If you go with them to Asia, the trip will most likely be run by their sister Australian company, Intrepid (check out the website - usually the same itineraries). My sister and I did an eastern Europe trip with them a couple years ago (signed up with Gap - ended up being run by Intrepid). We were quite pleased with it. Small group, good leader, lots of free time, but just enough guidance to make it all easy. The group was great - wide-ranging in age, more young people than I'd have anticipated. Accommodations were fine - but in no way luxurious. It was fun being with a group yet not herded around 24/7. I'd consider using them again.
Karen
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the info on GAP Adventures. I am interested in their tours to Thailand, India, and Africa; however I hadn't heard too much about this company. I've read 2 posts today that gave them favorable reviews. So I think I'll go ahead and book the Thailand trip with them for April/May and if all go wells I'll also use them for India and Africa in Oct and Nov.

BTW - I talked with a GAP representative today and he informed me that GAP and Intrepid are no longer sister companies. I think GAP has expanded their tours and are now able to run their own tours instead of outsourcing to Intrepid. I've taken a look at tours on both websites and the are very similar and the prices are comparable (GAP is usually a little cheaper).
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM

I am doing a GAP tour next month -- the Northern Thailand Discovery. Its a 9-day trip. I will let you know how it goes.

I have to say, ILuvNegril, that it is comforting that other people found them to be great. I was a little nervous because I was on a budget and was apprehensive about traveling all by myself in northern Thailand.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 03:56 AM

Hi we travelled with GAP to Peru in September...No complaints, had a really good time...Good hotels, lots of free time...
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:46 AM

You might want to check out SmarTours.com for a trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. It was our first trip with them and we enjoyed it very much. We were there this past November. They gave us everything they promised and more.