from phuket to ko lanta

Mar 4th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

from phuket to ko lanta

hi

could anyone pls help me with this? my partner and i are planning a trip to ko lanta next wk. we would be arriving in phuket at 6ish (evening) and planning to head to ko lanta the next day. we are thinking of taking the morning ferry (8ish) so we wanna stay somewhere near the pier. we could not find the name and location of the phuket pier on map. could anyone please direct me to some maps? any cheap accomodation (~US$40) near the pier to recommend?

another thing, any nice places to recommend in ko lanta?

hope to hear from you all soon

geok
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any ferries from Phuket to Lanta, you'll have to go first to PP, and then take another ferry to Lanta. If it was me I think I'd head into Phuket town from the airport and stay at a hotel there, book my ferry tickets from a travel agent in town, and arrange a taxi pick up for the morning.
Another option is to charter a taxi at Phuket airport and go straight to Krabi, stop the night in Krabi town, and take the Lanta ferry in the morning from Krabi pier.
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

texasSlim, thanks for your reply. you're right abt the ferry routine. the ferries go from phuket to lanta via phi phi but you could get tickets for the whole trip.

our plan is to stay in phuket for the night before taking the morning ferry the next day. we wanna find some accomodation near the piers so that it wouldnt be too much of a rush in the morning. our problem here is to find a map that includes the piers in phuket.
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:22 AM

Yes, I also had a search around the net for a map that includes the piers and couldn't find anything. But I have been to PP from Phuket and remember that the piers are on the east coast not far from the town. I can't recall seeing any hotels around the piers and that's why I suggested stopping the night in town.
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

texasSlim, thanks for your reply again. yeah we have given up on looking for a detailed map. we would take your advice, stay in phuket city for that night. we just have to be more organised and fast in next morning to catch the ferry.
regards
geok
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Go www.tripadvisor.com. Post a note with your request in the Thailand-Phuket forum, attn: "tedkarma" and/or "PhuketRichard". They can give you relevant and helpful information.