FLIGHTS TO NEPAL

Search

FLIGHTS TO NEPAL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLIGHTS TO NEPAL

My husband & I will be members of a pre-arranged trek in Nepal at the end of October. Does anyone have advice on good airfares or good experiences with airlines flying into Kathmandu? We will be flying from the East Coast or could leave from Montreal as well (we live in northern VT). Departure from the U.S. is on Oct. 19. We'll be returning on Nov. 5.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice you might have. We have been to Europe 5-6 times but this is our first time to Nepal.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Typically, the least expensive way to get to Nepal is via Bangkok. You can also go via Singapore, but it is typically much more expensive.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your speedy reply, Kathie. What is your departure city in the U.S.? Do you have a favorite airline when flying to Asia?
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM

My departure city is Seattle. I fly United because that's what my frequent flier miles are on (and for this long a trip it pays to think about your miles). I fly United to Bangkok, then Thai Air (also Star Alliance) to Kathmandu. On the east coast, some people fly west, some fly east. It's about the same distance. Take a look at some of the European Airlines for flying east, some Asian airlines for flying west, keeping in mind your airlines' alliances.
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 01:54 AM

BKK to KTM best route 3 hours safer than out of Delhi

thaiair.com my fav in the past

farcompare.com kayak.com/buzz for other options

Happy Travels,
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 01:58 AM

Koreanair.com coming out of the US

can sometimes save

might also check them...
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 06:25 AM

we live in boston and fly to SEA often..... we will be leaving the day before you and will fly on finn air from nyc, driving to jfk going and flying jet blue from jfk to bos on the way back. so we fly into bkk and home from delhi. from delhi we fly jet airways r.t. to kathmandu. the flight costs to nepal are not expensive, but the fees and taxes will kill you.

usually we have taken northwest (now delta) via detroit, narita and finally bkk. we have also taken air france from boston via paris, korean via jfk (again driving to jfk with one way car rentals).

from boston united, delta, air france, luftansa, BA and continental are the normal way to fly to bkk and probably to delhi..

continental has decent service to delhi via newark, so look at that from VT... some times you can save quite a bit by getting to the usa departure point on your own, vs a connection flight tied to your main ticket.... just leave plenty of time for transfers. you would be very happy with korean too via jfk or dc.

jet airways and kingfisher are the best way to get to kathmandu from delhi.