Search

Desert Safari in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2014, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert Safari in Dubai

Hi all,

We are planning a trip to Dubai in the coming week. My question is regarding Desert Safari packages. In most of the packages we found lots of inclusions.

However, what we want is just a vehicle which can take us to the nearby Desert and bring us back after couple of hours. We do not want any sand surfing, camel ride, belle dance etc. due to limited time available with us. Being in UAE we would not like to miss visiting the Desert.

Please let me know if there is a possibility of just visiting the deserts with a hired vehicle for couple of hours. Thanks in advance.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank Fodor's for providing this opportunity which gives us this wonderful opportunity to discuss various travel related issues with real-people ... I got so many helpful tips for my trip to England and Scotland in 2013.

Nakul
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 05:01 AM

don't exactly understand??? you want to be taken to the desert and left for a couple of hours and then return to the city?? what are you going to do in the sand?

I am going to Dubai for the first time in march. what kinds of other activities do you plan while there?
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 06:10 AM

If you just want a jeep to take you out into the desert, have your hotel arrange it. Just ask for a car (jeep) and driver for the morning or afternoon. You aren't wanting a "desert safari" so you don'y want all the things that would include.

Bob, the primary sport in Dubai is shopping. You might like it there!
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 11:05 AM

doubt I can afford any of it...
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 11:07 AM

I can think of few places I'm less interested in going than Dubai.
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:44 PM

Really, Kathie? Fresno, Reno, anywhere in New Jersey? Dubai is less interesting?
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:50 PM

Ok, ok, you got me on New Jersey.

Years ago, someone was giving a lecture entitled "States Worse than Death" at the Med school. Someone had written "New Jersey?" underneath the announcement.
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 01:40 PM

I'm from there, so, trust me, I understand.
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 03:09 PM

>>>I got so many helpful tips for my trip to England and Scotland in 2013.<<<

Warm Saturday morning greetings to the OP (and so love some of the replies on this thread) - and glad you savoured times in certain cherished regions of the UK; special.

[Will also propose posting your initial enquiry over on Fodor's "Africa & the Middle East" board; perhaps some additional Dubai travellers to be found.]

Speaking of Dubai, will confess to truly appreciating my Dubai business travel stay this past December at Emirates Towers; more to be found on my profile page review. Can assure you, the gracious ET concierge staff can arrange "desert safaris" and well, just about anything your heart desires (and do remember your cheque book for certain requests).

As for Dubai... came away from the brief business stay with an even more profound love and appreciation of my (our) primary home of Singapore. Still, thought Dubai has her ongoing attributes (which is good, as presently scheduled to return for additional meetings in ~ three months).

Wherever you stay and do in Dubai, enjoy. Sending you and all warm Gong Xi Fa Cai wishes from SIN. Fly to Singapore soon, Fodorites (and you do know the airline),

macintosh (robert)

... Singapore Girl, You're a Great Way to Fly ...