Flight from Siem Reap

Sep 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Flight from Siem Reap

Hi everyone, thanks for all the help so far. Now we have booked a flight into Siem Reap on Dec.18th, hoping to fly to Hue on the 20th. However, every search I do comes up with nothing available. Any insight on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks Becky
Sep 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM

I don't think there's non-stop flights REP-HUI. You definitely have to go through SGN. Probably have to fly REP-PHN-SGN-HUI.
Sep 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM

There are no direct flights to Hue from Siem Reap. You'd need to fly to HCMC (or Hanoi) and then fly to Hue.

Are you really only spending just one day in Siem Reap?? It takes a full three days just to see the major temples. You might want to take another look at your itinerary.
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

We may add a day to Siem Reap. Now my question is this, the traveler that I am planning this with insists that her people she talks to say that we don't need reservations for the internal flights, we can save money if we buy them when we need them. There are 7 of us traveleing together, and it makes me nervous not to have flight reservations. Am I worrying needlessly?
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM

You are traveling at the busiest time of the year. You may well have problems getting flights NOW if you all want to fly together. If you were someone traveling alone at a less busy time fo the year, you coud wait. Flights in/out of Siem Reap fill up quickly.
Sep 16th, 2007, 11:38 AM

there is a flight from Siem Reap to DaNang via Silk Air, but it's not cheap at around $230. That's the closest and fastest you can get there. It wouldn't be much cheaper to fly through another city, but would take more time. Flight from Siem Reap to HCMC is going to be around $130 and then you have to catch another $40-50 flight. If you do this with a stop, you can book the first leg via vayama.com and the second via ivuvu.com.
Sep 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM

just to clarify, the Silk Air flight is only in one direction, from DaNang to Siem Reap, not the other way.