Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flight from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap?

Is it conveniently possible to fly from:

Bangkok to Luang Prabang (12/31)
Luang Parabang to Siem Reap (1/3)
Siem Reap to Koh Chang (1/7)
Koh Chang to Bangkok (1/11)

Also what would the estimated cost and time be of this itinerary? I would buy a Discovery Pass to cover some of it. Thanks, Jeffrey
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 04:26 AM

On a combination of Bangkok Air and their partner Siem Reap Airways with the Discovery Pass I believe you can do all, maybe not exactly on those days as not all flights might run everyday. I believe Koh Chang is Trat Airport for which you will have to go from SR to Trat through Bangkok as it would appear from their current route map they only fly to Trat from Bangkok. The www.bangkokair.com website is easy to use to plan your flights. Then just call the airline with specific information to book the segments and pay for it as the Discovery Pass, $80 international segments, $50 domestic segments. As your plans are for high season I have been told that they allocate only so many seats on a flight to Discovery Pass holders, book as soon as you can. If you can't find availability others who have posted here have had luck e-mailing directly the Bangkok office.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 06:07 AM

the prices are correct...$80 for an international leg and $50 for all domestic routes....most flights are an hour and 1/2 or less...getting to the airport etc takes lots of time at the bkk end...most others are easy except koh chang and the distace plus the ferry ride to trat airport take quite a while but then the flight is only 35 minutes...

you can not fly SR to koh chang directly...you have to go through bangkok or through phenom phen and bkk....
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

Bob, where did you stay when you went to Koh Chang and how did it compare to Koh Samui?

Also, do any other airlines fly from Bangkok to Trat? My itinerary has flipped around and I'm now coming back from Luang Prabang into Bangkok on January 7th on Bangkok Air. My flight gets in at 3:40 pm. The only flight from bangkok Air to Trat that day is at 4:10 pm, so that's not an option. Is there another airline I could look into getting me to Trat?

Also, how long is it from Trat till I reach my hotel in Koh Chang? What's the most efficient way to do it?

A friend of mine who lives in Thaand spoke highly of Koh Chang, but I wander if it's too much of hassle to get there.

Thanks for all your help. Jeff
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 10:30 AM

i stayed at the barali...it is very nice...check to see that the pool work has been completed....i would also suggest the tropicana next door as their food is better...for a step up and probably the best place on chang i would stay at the amari emerald cove...new and very nice...fabulous food..

bkk air owns the trat airport so it is the only show in town..

chang is far less developed in every way in comparison with samui...much less elaborate hotels...more regular thai stuff....few good restaurants outside of the hotels...just roadside places....only one town really...small settlements...all the development is on one side of the island...