Electricity

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Sarah

Electricity

Can anyone tell me what shape plug for electrical sockets?

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Nancy

Which countries in Asia are you going to? Socket shapes change from country to country. Hong Kong is generally three square prongs in a triangle, India is gnerally two round pins. You can buy packs of different shaped adpators for different countires (try Travelsmith), but they don't always have the right shaped adaptor for each country. You can often borrow an adaptor from your hotel.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Beth

How about Thailand?

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Nancy

As I recall, Thailand has round pins, with either two or three pins in each socket. You might try the following web sites for information, and I think you can also purchase adaptors from these sites:

traveloasis.com
escapeartist.com

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Kathie

Thailand has either two round prongs or two flat prongs (but not the same as the US flat prongs). I took both adaptors along on my last trip. Most hotels can also loan you adaptors.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Casey

If the prongs on your US appliances are the same size, than they will fit in the electrical outlets in Thailand. But if one of the prongs is wider they won't unless you really push.{as my wife did}

Don't forget the voltage is 220V.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:28 PM
S

Thanks for all your replies. Does anyone know how to delete a qestion on this form? Help!