EF tours fired incompetent tour guide

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In April 2016, I began contacting EF Tours regarding the numerous problems my family encountered on our Japan tour that cost us over $13,000.Their website says their tours are expertly led. However, our Japan Tour Director, S., was utterly incompetent and we found out later that she was fired because of her ineptness. It took more than 4 months of emails and two letters sent in June and August -with signature confirmation- to President, Shane Steffens, until I received my first response from the company. C.B. agreed that EF Tours had made a mistake in hiring S. and said she'd like to provide some compensation to my family, due to negligence on their end. However, she never followed up. On August 30, our American Tour Guide, S.M.(who did an excellent job) sent an email to everyone on our tour letting us know that S. had deliberately not submitted the evaluation forms as instructed and, subsequently had been terminated. After learning this, I contacted the customer service department. Even G.S. acknowledged “there were several components that did not meet your groups expectations” but was unwilling to do anything but offer my family a gift card for a free meal!
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry your tour didn't work out, but why did you select that company? If it is the same EF that runs educational tours to Europe, it has a lousy reputation. Rock bottom prices for rock bottom accommodations and meals and very rushed sightseeing.
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you got off easy. That is cheap for a Japan tour, probably because it's EF.

What did your tour guide do to you that was so horrible? You say incompetent but you didn't give any examples.