Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Driver. Prices and recommendation New Delhi golden triangle

Aug 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

I want to hire a car to pick me up in New Delhi and tour for a week or ten days in the golden triangle. What can I expect to pay per day for the driver. Have anybody used a driver they recommend. What an I supposed to tip when he brings me back to Delhi. Merci. Marceline
Aug 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM

expect to pay 300-600. us dollars for an suv and driver for about a week to 10 days..

I like having castle and king in delhi make my arrangements.
Aug 6th, 2013, 06:29 AM

VP Singh

www.legendsandpalaces.com
Aug 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM

Yes. price is between 300-600 us dollars, and price is also depend, that what kind of car you want to hire, I would like to recommend to our driver, he has independent agency, they are group of 6-7 drivers, Mr. ARIF KHAN is operate this. he is very reliable and responsible
contact details [email protected]
rajasthantripe.com
Aug 6th, 2013, 08:22 AM

we went to India in March and use Culture Hoildays to prepare our trip and drivers - they were great and not expensive.
http://www.cultureholidays.com/index.htm
Aug 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM

We used Banyan Tours to book our month long trip to India/Kathmandu in June/July 2013. Banyan is superb!! Lucy and Himani booked all of our arrangements. They were extremely patient with all of the changes made to our itinerary, even while we were in India. Our driver for the Golden Triangle was Puran. He was absolutely wonderful and took excellent care of us. We had an air-conditioned Toyota Innova which was quite comfortable. The vehicle was always clean. Puran kept our favorite drinks available at all times. He also provided cool towels. I don't know what we paid for the car and driver as it was more economical for us to let them book the hotels, guides, car and driver, etc.... I could not book the hotels that we stayed in for the price Lucy gave us. I don't know if Lucy books just the car and driver, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Banyan's main office is in New Delhi, but has other offices around India. We would recommend Banyan Tours.