Discovery Air Pass Question...

Jan 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Discovery Air Pass Question...

I see that Bangkok Air has a flight that goes from Siem Reap to Phuket (w/ a stop in BKK but no plane change) each morning. Does anyone know if this counts as only one $80 international segment or if you have to pay the $80 plus $50 for the domestic leg, even though you don't change planes????
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:11 PM

bkk to siem reap back to bkk then to phuket is 3 legs...and qualifies for the pass....even though you dont change plans, we had to consider it as 3 legs...still, with the discovery pass it was very affordable and worthwhile
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM

Just remember that $80 and $50 after fuel surcharges and insurance are added on become 107 and 59.50. Still a nice saving as the regular fare would be $344 as compared to 263.50
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Hmmm, so if I wanted to stay in Siem Reap and fly back to BKK later in the day and then fly to Phuket on a seperate plane or in the morning, it wouldn't cost me any extra? Interesting.
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:50 AM

I just saw this, and figured I'd respond for future trip planners (although, I'm sorry, it may be too late to be helful to you, LA FadeAway)...

We just returned from Cambodia and Thailand and did this very trip. From Siem Reap to Phuket counted as ONE international leg and uses only Discover Pass coupon - even though we changed planes in Bangkok. We flew BKK --> SR --> Phuket using only 2 Discovery Pass coupons - definitely worth the savings!!

Hope that helps travelers-to-be! Cheers, Carrie
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming that it can be done that way. I suspected you could. I think it only works on that early morning flight out of SR. I ended up not needing the Airpass anyway, but it's good info for everyone else!
Mar 17th, 2006, 11:26 AM

That may be so - we certainly did take the first morning flight. One thing we found nice, though, is that your baggage is checked all the way through to Phuket - you don't have to go through customs and rechecking in BKK, which was a very pleasant surprise!