Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Discounts for Four Seasons In Chiang Mai?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need 3 rooms for 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai from June 30. The best rates I can get seem to be over $300 dollars. Does anybody know where to get discounted rates any cheaper? Already tried the usual-Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 07:39 AM

I don't know that there really are any discounted rates for the Four Seasons. At least, when it was the Regent, it was rumored to be nearly impossible to find any discounted rates.

While it is very unlikely at this late date, this may be worth a try: check on asia-hotels.com There are a couple of villas on the Four Seasons property that are separately owned and rented out. It would likely only work for you if you could get all three rooms/suites. I believe it's called something like Lana Villas. If you search on asia-hotels for places in Chaing Mai, you'll find it. Good luck.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 10:59 AM

It stands apart from other Chiang Mai places on the price, yes it will probably be well over $300 which of course is a 'huge sum of money' to pay for a hotel in Thailand, depends if you feel it's worth it or not. $70-100 gets you good rooms in a very good hotel, perfectly acceptable 3-stars are in the $40-80 range. I doubt you will find it under $300 anywhere.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 11:10 AM

Bosse, I've seen some of your other posts re Chiang Mai, nopthing against the Four Seasons but you might weant to check on more of what is available locallym try this Thailand based site, they have some great places with real Thai charm, the Rachamanka is worth taking a look at, far less than the Four seasons but one great thing about Thailand is you don't have to spend that much to get a great hotel!!
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 11:13 AM

Sorry forgot the link!

www.chiang-mai-hotels.itgo.com

When I go up to CM on business I stay overnight at the Empress or Suriwongse, these of course are 'not' in the style bracket of the Four Seasons but perfectly Ok places, take a look at the Rachamanka though, nice place! The Tamarind Village has been used by many on this forum too.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 11:56 AM

I love staying at the Suriwongse...get a room with a view of the mountains. Of course it's not the Four Seasons, but very nice and right next door to the night market, so I can shop, drop off packages in my room and then go back out and shop some more...plus it's in the heart of a lot of night life. I was at the Suriwongse in Dec 1998/Jan 1999. I just walked in, without a reservation, and talked the room down from $55.00 a night to $36.00 a night with breakfast included.I had a large room with two queen-sized beds( I was only one person), TV, and very modern bathroom. My hotel room was the quality of a Hilton Hotel room.If I were you,I would just go to a lesser- priced hotel and get their best room.Then go to the Four Seasons for lunch or dinner or spa treatments. I, personally, would NOT pay $300. for the Four Seasons although I'm a BIG Four Seasons fan and stay at the one in Bangkok which runs between $134-178. for the bed and breakfast special. $300. is ridiculous.Happy travels!
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 05:44 PM

The Four Seasons is a destination resort, absolutely beautiful and great service. If you can afford it...go for it. I don't think the end of June is high season...why not call them and see what you can do? Nine room nights is quite a lot. But when we were there over Christmas-New Years, there was a 7 night minimum and it was almost $450 a night and it was completely booked. Good luck.