Digital Cameras

Search

Digital Cameras

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital Cameras

I want to purchasse a digital camera whilst in Bangkok where is the best place to go and should I Barter ?
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM

not the best place to buy electronics really....you might do as well at home...

patnip is the electronics center in bkk.... a huge place....near amani watergate hotel...
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Cameras and electronics are cheaper in the US than in Asia, but prices in Europe and the UK are higher than in Asia.

Do check carefully for prices at home before you go to Bangkok, so you know what will and won't be a good buy.

In Bangkok, Panthip is often recommended, but look at other places as well. Make sure that the camera you are looking at will come with an international guarantee (many do not). OFten, asking for an international guarantee raises the price.

Do bargain. Begin by asking for a discount. (Barter actually means to trade one item for another, like trading your watch for their camera - I don't think they'll do it!)
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 06:33 PM

It all depends where you come from. Check prices locally and check prices via internet for thailand and compare. Also remember that prices of electronic goods drop rapidly as new models enter the market, and specs increase almost overnight. As a general rule of thumb you're better of buying at home. Beware of Panthip Plaza, maybe I'm just unlucky but a few things I've bought there over the years I've had problems with.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Ditto
i've not bought a decent thing from Pantip though I admit it was only bits and pieces. I hear Fortune Town is supposed to be good but it's a bit out of the way.
Also hear that Singapore is a lot better for electronics than BKK