Reload this Page >

Details of two Beijing walking routes offered

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Peter Neville-Hadley

The awarding of the 2008 Olympics to Beijing will accelerate the destruction of the hutong--the ancient back alleys of Beijing. I've noticed people quite often ask on this forum about hutong tours, but they are really much best seen for yourself, on foot. If anyone would like detailed instructions and cultural notes on two particular walking routes, compiled when I lived in Beijing, please let me know here and I'll be happy to email them. <BR> <BR>Peter N-H <BR>Information about Travel in China <BR>http://members.axion.net/~pnh/China.html

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Les

Peter, <BR>Thanks for offering. I'd appreciate that info very much. <BR> Les

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 01:47 PM
julie

I would love details of those walks please Peter, and thank you for your advice on visiting the Great Wall. I am really looking forward to my first experience of China and appreciate all the advice I have been given by yourself and others on Fodors. I can't wait to experience it for myself.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 03:14 PM
gayle

I would appreciate the walking routes. Will you post it on your list Peter? How current are they in regards to the fast changing situation in Beijing? Thanks

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Linda

I would like to read your Beijing Walking Tours report. <BR>Thank you, Linda

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:19 PM
kris

Thanks Peter, I'd love a copy!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Margot White

Peter, I'd like a copy of your Hutong Walking Tours, thanks, Margot

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 02:20 AM
Patti

I would love to have a copy of the detailed instructions and cultural notes on the these walking routes!

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Jackie

Peter, <BR>Please send me a copy of your walking tour routes. <BR>Thank you, <BR>Jackie

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Maj

I would like a copy. ([email protected]) <BR> <BR> <BR>Thank you.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Brenda

Peter, <BR> Please send me a copy. I haven't left yet. My plane was pulled out of the air on Tues. morning. I don't know when I will reschedule.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Sandy

Hi Peter, <BR> <BR>I, too, would love a copy of your walking tours of Beijing. <BR> <BR>Thank you in advance, <BR>Sandy

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 09:14 AM
rt Seldney

Peter, thanks for the message.Please send a copy. <BR>I leave on Tuesday for China, hopefully! <BR>Thanks. <BR>Art

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Peter Neville-Hadley

Thank you everyone. All requests fulfilled up to this point. <BR> <BR>Peter N-H <BR>http://members.axion.net/~pnh/China.html

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 09:12 PM
aileen

Hi Peter, <BR> <BR>I would appreciate receiving a copy of your walking tour tips. Thanks! <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 03:20 AM
Daniel

Bonjour Peter <BR>I would appreciate receiving a copy of your walking tour <BR>merci in advance <BR>Daniel

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Anne

I would appreciate those as well. Thanks.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 07:51 AM
backpacker

I'd like a copy as well. Thank you very much for sharing this.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Peter Neville-Hadley

Sorry, I forgot to answer Gayle's question above. I was in Beijing twice earlier this year, the last time in July, and the descriptions of the hutong walks contain brief notes on destruction around them. However, the government has just announced that it's speeding ahead with flattening large areas in preparation for the 2008 Olympics, so I can't guarantee that either route will survive very much longer. There are additional general notes on the hutong which should interest anyone planning a trip to Beijing, whether they plan to use their feet or not. <BR> <BR>Peter N-H <BR>http://members.axion.net/~pnh/China.html

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Scott

Peter, <BR> <BR>I hope to be leaving for Beijing next Friday. Please send me a copy of your notes. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Scott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -