Delux hotels in Bangkok

Search

Delux hotels in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delux hotels in Bangkok

Can anyone tell me if there is a website that can give me deep discounts on the delux hotels in Bangkok? Would like to stay at the Penn or similar place but I am on a budget. Wonder if a good price is out there?
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 12:49 AM

asiahotels.com
planetholiday.com
are two to try
Others may chime in with add'l suggestions.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:06 AM
CFW

www.r24.org, www.huahin20.com, wwww.sawadee.com -- these all link in to the same place (I think it is all really Sawadee) and I have found them to have the lowest rates which include all taxes & breakfast for most hotels. As far as which hotel, there is tons of information from posters on this board. All have their favorites.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Hi Austine, I know of an agent in New York that has good rates on Deluxe hotels in Bangkok and also maintains and office there. I just got back from 3 weeks in Thailand and Honf Kong and saved a lot of money with him. His name is Chip Cooper and his e-mail is [email protected] if you're interested. Very easy going guy and nice to work with. Cheers, Nancy
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM

For some hotels, you'll get the best price at that hotel's own website. For others, asiahotels.com or another internet site can do better. Check several sources before you buy. Generally, I find that travel agents have the highest prices.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:47 AM

I've found that hotel websites or calling the hotel directly is often the best price for deluxe hotels. Asiahotels is fabulous but, in my experience, not for 5 star hotels like Penn or Oriental. In fact in the case of the Oriental they are significantly higher than the rack rate.

Kathie is right -- check out all the sources including the hotel itself. Also,I've found that Am Ex sometimes has excellent rates as part of their fine hotel program.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:51 AM

If you're interested in the Royal Orchid Sheraton, which is a step below the Penn, but still very nice, there are great senior discounts (if you're 50, you can join AARP) and decent AAA discounts. Also, my brother got the Shangri-la for $65 a night on priceline.