cooking school Chaing Mai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a good cooking school in Chaing Mai? We are interested in a 1-day program.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 07:29 PM

Hi, there are quite a few threads around on this topic..But i went to the Chiang Mai Cookery School and thought it was awesome..Would do it again if we should go back to Chiang Mai...
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 07:59 PM

For the last 2 years, I have planned one day at the Chiang Mai Cookery school also. One time was at the restaurant, The Wok, and this year was at their home. It is one of the best things that we do in Thailand. Great fun and inexpensive. Here is their website www.thaicookeryschool.com/
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 08:19 PM

Do have a look at http://www.kaohom.com/ we have sent many friends there and they have all enjoyed it.

It is a bit out of town, but transport can be provided and it is in a lovely setting with a garden where the grow many of the herbs and spices that they use.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:50 AM

I'm scheduled to go to Kaohom cooking school on Thanksgiving Day. It's about a half hour away but they pick you up at your hotel. I've corresponded with them via email and they have showed quality customer service so far. Their farm, if that's what you would call it, looks so beautiful.

But one big difference is that CM cooking schools take you to the market to buy your supplies, and then they teach you how to cook everything. So this is a slightly different experieince.

Old Oct 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM

My daughter and I took a cooking class with Yui from A Lot of Thai (www.alotofthai.com). Yui is absolutely wonderful and the class was one of the highlights of our trip. I would recommend her without a moments hesitation. If you'd like to read about our class, here is the link -- http://homepage.smc.edu/louff_judy/Thailand/cooking.htm