Reload this Page >

Conrad vs Mandarin Oriental in HK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Alex Phan

There are two very nice hotels in Hong Kong which I want to book for my next vacation . They are the Conrad and Madarin Oriental, with harbour view room. Both of them are rated very high. And I don't know which one should I pick ?!? <BR>Thank you.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Michele

Hi Alex! <BR>I have not stayed at the Mandarin, but I have been to the Conrad and it is FABULOUS!!!! The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are all marble, the beds have wonderfully fluffy down comforters and the staff is excellent. I stayed with my Mom for a "girls" trip and had a wonderful time. When we would return at the end of the day with packages spilling out of the cab, the doormen would rush over, laughing with us, and carry all of our things up to our room for us without ever expecting a tip. Their breakfast is wonderful as well. So I basically give them 2 thunbs up!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Michele

Hello Michele, <BR>Thank you so much for sharing the information. <BR>That was very kind of you.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Alex Phan

Ooopps ! <BR>The above reply was from me, to you Michele.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:00 AM
Mark

Hi Alex, <BR> <BR>I would also recommend the Conrad Hotel because the Mandarin Oriental will start to renovate its rooms over the next months although Service is more personal there.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 12:55 AM
hj

The Mandarin is in a different league from the Conrad. The Mandarin is frequently cited as being among the 10 best hotels in the world. The Conrad is nice, but you really cannot compare. <BR> <BR>Also The Mandarin is in the heart of the CENTRAL district on Hong Kong island. Conrad is not... <BR> <BR>Good luck.. <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 03:15 AM
Ruth

Mandarin is kind of old though. <BR> <BR>Conrad is nice but it also depends on which room you get. Why not try Island Shangri-la? It is right next to Conrad and the rooms are big and really nice.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 06:38 AM
ken deitcher

We stayed at the Mandarin harbor view room last year. Excellent location. Across the street from Star ferry. Walk inside the hotel to connected shopping centers(plural). Excellent top of the line restaurants. No request is ignored. My wife broke an earing and needed Krazy Glue. The concierge desk phoned ( without our asking) several stationary stores to see if they had it in stock so that we would not have to walk all over the city. then gave us directions. <BR> The only other world class hotel is the Peninsula on the Kowloon side. Also has excellent restaurants. <BR>