Conrad Bali - Who's stayed there

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Has anyone stayed at the Conrad Bali - or seen what it looks like. It's just opened and I can not find too much information on it.

Thanks
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM

i am in the same boat, but i have made a two reservation for it anyways....we will stay there on june 4-6....how bad can it be...its all new and in what looks like an interesting area and the price is certainly good....we move from there to the bali hyatt for the rest of our time..
odd that they haven't put any pictures on line...www.balidiscovery.com have a good deal if you are interested...
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM

sorry that's a two day reservation
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 08:00 PM

The hilton website links to the hotel info and there are a few pictures of a couple of rooms. There is a brochure pdf at this link:
http://www.conradhotels.com/en/ch/ho...re_BPNCICI.pdf

Bob, my new plan is to arrive at Conrad Bali late on June 8 and stay for a week (instead of my previous plan to depart on June 5).
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 04:59 AM

There is a thread on this hotel in Flyertalk.com in the Hilton forum. It is a brand new hotel, not a revovation of an old one, so nobody has stayed there yet.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:02 AM

mrwunrfl----we will have come and gone at that point...we'll be up the road in sanur
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks rhkkmk! I think I'll try it...I'll actually be there two weeks before you get there (Back on Jun 1) - So'll tell you what its like

....The only thing I am scared about is that I fear some parts of the hotel will not be open...I know one resteraunt is not open yet (the Asian Fusion One) - Opens in July
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:20 AM

attn: cwood---interesting point...i had noticed that about the restaurant also...i had not thought about other things not being ready, however...i guess that is why i am only staying two nites and then moving elsewhere...i do hope that the pool will be complete...??
balidiscovery offered the breakfast included in the price for the hyatt for the same price as the hotel direct (including taxes, etc) so i thought i would have the breakfast thrown in, so i changed my reservation to balidiscovery...as with many of those asian agencies, i had to fax my credit card info to them...they would not just take it from e-mail....a bit of a pain....
they are very nice to deal with however...

do you need a driver while you are there...craig on this forum has suggested putu to us and we will use him...his e-mail is:
[email protected]
he costs a bit more than some but his car is bigger and he seems very reliable...
i hope to hear about your experiences..we will already be in thailand so would it be possible for you to send me an e-mail directly??

[email protected]

if so thanks, if too much bother, that's ok too...

you might consider a back-up reservation someplace else?? one that could be cancelled on the day of arrival?? i thhink any one of the western style hotels offers this...so if you got there and nothing was complete you could move on to another place or if it is ok you could just cancel the back-up reservation...i like to have everything covered...for instance, i can't decide where to stay on my last three days in bkk so i have reservations at 3 places...fickle???

enjoy your stay...
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Hi rhrjjmk!

I just had an email from the hotel today that said everything was open except that restraunt - and that the spa was in a temporary area (sounds like hotel rooms) -- they also said the fitness center was not open - - I am going with my brother who insists on a fitness center so we have to move (not sure why he wants to go to the health club when we are in Bali...but everyone has their own idea of a holiday : - ) I think we will switch to the Nusa Dua (which has a large fitness center!) -- I would like to hear about the Conrad when you get back though!

Have fun in Thailand as well!
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:55 PM

i will post about the conrad..