Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

confirmed hotel res how can they now tell me they are over booked!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, i already have to do 2 nights each in 2 different hotel in LP due to limited availability but the 3 nagas are now telling me (even though i booked it weeks ago and have a confirmed res) that they are over booked and want to move me?? I REALLY do NOT want to do 3 hotels in 4 nights. I have politely asked them to move someone else..
What would you do? (bearing in mind this was not a booking with reception its a proper run website with a booking facility online to match any seen in europe)
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 09:55 AM

It think 3 Nagas is now owned by Alila hotels who are a reasonably large organisation who probably would like to protect there reputation which could put you in a strong position. The chances are that they are choosing to move you as opposed to anyone else is that you are only staying for 2 nights. I would be inclined to accept there "kind" offer to move you provided that it is to an equivalent or better hotel for the ENTIRE 4 nights at no extra cost to you.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Problem is my first 2 nights i have had to pay 1 nights deposit, so i'm kind of stuck there, however i may suggest i cancel my 3 nagas res they book me into their suggested alternative for the 2 nights and pay the $60 per night diff (they have already offered to pay it for the one night) I just really do not want to do 3 hotels in 4 nights....

I too thought they may want to move me over someone else, BUT they shouldnt have taken my booking so i am not about to roll over.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM

I would not accept this. A booking is a booking, and I agree, 3 hotels in 4 nights is too much chopping, changing and time wasting.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

I think it is sorted and we have an outcome that suits both parties i think!... i will write more when i am back (don't want to jinx it)
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 06:35 AM

Smeagol, can you give us a wee hint? Did they bump someone else? Book you elsewhere and pay the difference? Refund your deposit? What?
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM

ask for some meals
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

I'll post when i get back. As i said i REALLY don't want to jinx it! Infact if i get chance when i get to BKK after i have been in LP i'll post then.