Comfort Shoes For Women

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comfort Shoes For Women

A couple of years ago I saw a similar thread on the Europe forum so thought I would post here.

Let's start a list of favorite comfort shoes for women.

I have a pair of Joseph Seibels that are fiarly ugly but oh so comfortable. Quite expensive but worth it.

I also have a very comfortable pair of Rott slides that I can wear for hours but the dye on the inside turns my feet black. Yuck! I still love them and I can wear them with skirts as well as capris.

I swear by Tevas. They are ugly but great near the beach or for short hikes. I wouldn't wear them in the city.

I am especially interested in hearing about comfy shoes that you can wear with a skirt.

Zappos.com is a great site with great service.

Any other good sites for comfort shoes?
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:05 AM

Good post...I was just doing some internet surfing to find another pair of comfy sandals for my trip in May.

I do have one pair of Dansko sandals in black which are very comfortable and could be worn with a skirt:

http://www.dansko.com/Product_Detail...2=4022&VID=371

I am also looking for a cute pair of thong sandals with a kitten heel that could dress up a pair of capris, or worn with a skirt. Cole Haan has some sandals with Nike Air soles that are cute and comfy...
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
CFW

I just bought sandals by a firm called SAS. They are really ugly, but unbelievably comfortable. I wouldn't wear them with a skirt. Couldn't find anything that both looked good & was good for walking & comfort. In the past I've always gone for looks, but this time decided on comfort....
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM

My wife has worn her Stonefly sandals during all our travels and swears by them.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:01 AM

I've worn TEVAs and Mephisto sandals and Merrell closed toe shoes to make my feet happy....my pricey ECCOs have been just ok compared to the others.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:06 AM

We all have different feet! I wear Eccos daily at home. I have Mephistos, but only one style really fits me fabulously. I wore the Merrill Jungle Moc when I was at Angkor, and they were great. I have Tevas as well, but I find I can only wear them for a few hours at a time, then my feet feel tired. I had some Joseph Seibels, but they were just too wide for my feet. I'm always looking for more options.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:58 AM

Kathie--I also wore the Merrell jungle mocs at Angkor Wat and they were outstanding. I took those, the TEVA sandals, black mephisto sandals and Merrell mary jane type flats on a 17 day trip to Thailand, Angkor Wat and Hong Kong. The shoes were the most perfect group I ever took on a trip!
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 12:48 PM

I have a pair of Timberland slip ons, they look like a clog but the sole is rubber, not wood. They are extremely comfortable and great for traveling. Since they are backless and slip on and off easily, they are great on the plane and for going into temples and other places where shoes must be removed.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Rockports Happy Travels!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Well, I think I will have happy feet for my trip! I bought a pair of bright orange Keen Venice h20 shoes that will be perfect for Chiang Mai, Siem Reap and the beach.

I also bought a pair of Aerosoles called "Straw Terry" in brown and I like them so much I ordered a pair on black, too! Very comfortable slip on sandles that I can wear with a skirt or capris.

I leave on Friday! Woohooo!

Tamara

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM

Tamara-
Those Aerosoles look cute! I'm going to look for those at my local DSW. They also have them at Zappos.com for 44.95. Where did you get yours?
Have a great trip!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Kristina,

Don't buy them at Zappos! Although Zappos has free shipping and returns they make up for it by charging a lot more for their shoes, I have come to find out!

I originally bought the brown pair at Zappo's and then did some research (I know, backasswards!) and found them at the shoe mall for 1/2 the price.

Check them out here at http://www.shoemall.com/results.aspx...C463&Ntk=Tier2

I hope they still have your size. I LOVE mine!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Wow! that is a good price. However, I'm a little wary of ordering shoes online because I've found I can be anywhere from a 6.5 to an 8, depending on the show (I'm usually a 7). Weird, I know. Did you find that they run small or large?
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

I find they run true to size. I wear an 8 1/2 and they fit well. They fit snug on my foot but they are leather so I am sure they will stretch a bit.

If you don't like them you could always send them back!
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:03 AM

Euro-
Bummer, they don't have my size (7) at the shoemall site.
I went to my local DSW store last night, but didn't see them there.
Please report back after your trip and let us know how they feel to wear them all day long.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:16 AM

Ok, I'm thinking those aerosoles have been discontinued because I can't find them anywhere online except shoemall and zappos and neither has them in a size 7. Murphy's Law.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 04:10 PM

I took my Keen "Seattle" mary janes on my trip to Thailand and Cambodia. I wasn't sure if they'd be right, but I loved the shoes so much at home that I decided to take them anyway. They were PERFECT. They are sturdy, nice looking, have good soles for temple climbing, go with a lot of different clothes, are comfortable for lots of long hot walks and easy to slip on and off when visiting temples.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:55 PM

Tamara,
How did those Keen Venice H2s work out for you in Siem Reap???? I was thinking about getting the same shoes, but some others have suggested that they may not offer enough protection for Angkor.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM

I just posted this somewhere else so sorry for the repeat. I got Patricia Munro (made in the USA) at Nordstroms and they are great. I walked from Borghesi Gardens to the Vatican, to the Coliseum, no pain. Stylish enough to wear out to dinner with a dress. Make sure they measure your feet accurately!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 01:42 AM

I'm up early this morning.. leaving for ORD for a flight to Germany in a couple of hours...

My favorite pair is Icon "loafer style" slip ons. They don't make this kind anymore (darn). Everytime I wear them, I get asked about them. They are the painted shoes, and this pair has a Modigliani lady's face. I did a travelogue the other night, about 5 continents, and my audience wanted to know the story of my shoes!!! So funny!!! They are from Nordstroms, in Las Vegas if I recall correctly. I got them several years ago, wore them a few times, and then didn't wear them for a while. When I put them back on, they felt like heaven, and I've been wearing them on my travels everywhere for a year or more now. I'm afraid they are looking scuffed. The soles are still in great shape. I wear them mostly with pants, but you could do a skirt as well.
Carol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information