CM to CR by air

May 14th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

CM to CR by air

Is it possible to fly between these cities?
May 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Yes, we flew from CR to CM a few years back, I believe it was Bangkok Air but I'm not sure if they still run that route. I know Thai Airlines does but they cost about double what we paid.
May 14th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

thai airways doesn't fly direct between the two cities
i was hoping to avoid returning to BKK
May 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM

I know in the past you could go directly from one to the other without a stop back in BKK, but we did this about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't been back to CM since so things probably have changed. If you do have to go through BKK, look into Air Asia, they have flights from BKK to or from CM and CR for 499 Baht, about US$14, can't beat that price. http://www.airasia.com/general.php?p=pmain&l=en
May 15th, 2005, 07:13 AM

Unfortunately ther are no flights between CM and CR anymore. However you have several options for travel between the two. A 1st class a/c bus will take about 3hrs for the 180kms trip. You could hire a car to take you there. If you have the time a great way to go is to take the bus (or hire a car) to Thaton (a lovely little town 173kms north of CM) and then the take the boat to CR, a 3-4 hr trip
May 16th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

thanks to laurieco and scooters for the info. The air asia flights are very cheap, with tax only $22. Scotters, I am leaning towards hiring a car to drive us from cr to cm, any suggestions on the best way to go about this, and the cost? I like the idea of visiting Thaton, did you do this? We're not on a hurry this trip, so we could consider that...