Reload this Page >

Chinatown to MBK

Search

Chinatown to MBK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:56 AM
redtop

Chinatown to MBK

From Chinatown, how far is MBK, and what's the best form of transportation to get there? Also has anyone been to the Suan Lum Night Bazaar? Is it far from Chinatown, and worth seeing after spending time shopping in Chinatown? Thanks for any information about any of these places.

Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I've been to the Night Bazaar and you can find my info here.

http://www.mcdougalladventures.com/a...n-night-market

It's lots of fun and is apparently closing in February '06 so you should take this chance to see it.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:08 AM

To either of those places, you'll want to take a taxi. Some people are great fans of the night market, others find them not so interesting. They will have different merchandise than Chinatown. The merchandise at the night market is "souviner" type items. Crafts are typically of the mass-produced types. If you are looking for those kinds of things, then do go - and remember to bargain.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:08 AM

I would agree that the Night Bazaar at SuanLum is a lot of fun. I'm really saddened that it will be closing. But hopefully it will relocate soon in an even better location.

As far as transportation, I think your best bet is by taxi. I like traveling on the skytrain, but it doesn't go to the places you mentioned.

I've not taken the subway yet, but it might be another good option for you. I know it goes to Suan Lum, but I don't know how close it is to China Town. MBK is right on the skytrain route, which makes it possible to use a combination of subway and skytrain from MBK to Suan Lum.

I hope that made sense... too much coffee???

Carol
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:25 AM

Taxis are very cheap. Sometimes, they are the best option even if there is a roundabout skytrain or subway option. Make sure the taxi driver agrees to use the meter before the ride begins.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM

Gpanda's absolutely right. I'd definitely take a taxi from Chinatown to MBK - by the time you worked around Skytrains and Subways for that particular journey it would cost as much as a taxi anyway (specially if there are 2 of you).