china visa

Old Dec 5th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
china visa

Hi all, would really appreciate any guidance on the query below. Thanks!
I will be flying from Bangkok to Changsha on a single entry L Visa. I want to make my way south by land to Hong Kong but then re enter China a few days later. Is this possible with my single entry visa ie now that HK is part of China would I actually be classed as leaving?? If not is it possible whilst in china to get my visa changed to multi entry? Thanks any help much appreciated.
garnsie is offline  
Old Dec 6th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi garnsie. You cannot re-enter China from Hong Kong on a single-entry L visa. You also cannot change your visa once you're in China. From Hong Kong, you can get another L visa to come back into China. Keep in mind that it's a bit pricy and takes a few days, so set aside enough time in Hong Kong to get the visa sorted.
sophiefriedman is offline  
Old Dec 6th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 23,073
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or just get another Chinese visa prior to going to Changsha.
rkkwan is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 427
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on where you are going and how, you might want to investigate the transit without visa rules. If you plan to return to visit a few laces then you definitely need a new visa. Hong Kong is a good place to get one although it seems to depend on your nationality recently.
JPDeM is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 419
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visas are routinely available the next day from agencies in Hong Kong at no extra charge. The Beijing government's own representative offices and those of China Travel Service should be avoided as being slower, or more expensive at speed, and requiring more documentation. Some agencies are unable to accept applications from US citizens, if you happen to be one of those, in which case you may have to work with CTS. But the situation changes frequently. Try these:

Forever Bright Trading Ltd., Room 916–917, New Mandarin Plaza Tower B, 14 Science Museum Road,, 8.30am–6.30pm; Mon–Fri

Japan Travel Agency Ltd., Room 509–513, East Ocean Center, 98 Granville Road, 8.30am–6pm; Mon–Fri.

Visa-free transit is unlikely to be of any interest to you since it only works with a very limited number of cities, only lasts 72 hours, requires that you fly in and already be holding an onward ticket, and requires you to stay within the city boundaries.

If you've time, then scrapping your single-entry visa and going back to your source for a double-entry, if they'll give you one, is probably the most convenient option, as rkkwan suggested, unless you found it a particular hassle wherever that was. At the Hong Kong agencies mentioned above, and similar, it's typically about ten minutes to apply, and a couple of minutes to pick up the next day (for the same price CITS charges for five days, and sometimes less).
temppeternh is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Jul 14th, 2018 03:45 AM
Aug 28th, 2009 03:50 AM
Apr 17th, 2009 09:00 AM
Nov 5th, 2007 04:42 PM
Nov 2nd, 2003 08:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -