China Tour for single person

Jul 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

China Tour for single person

Hello,

I am a single male traveller looking for a tour company that can provide a tour of Beijing, Xian and Shanghai (I'm open to another recommended stop). I will be arriving in Beijing Oct 12th and am open to joining (actually prefer joining) a group tour. Does anyone know of a reputable company that can accomodate a single traveller?
Jul 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Any tour company will take singles. Do you mean you want one without a single supplement? There are companies, like Intrepid, that do that, but you have to share a room if there's another single traveler of the same sex. Also, some idea of your budget would help - there is a wide range in the cost of tours.

However, for the three cities you list, it is quite easy to travel on your.
Jul 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

I'm not looking to share a room and don't mind paying a single supplement. I've just looked at a couple websites and they seem to indicate a minimum of 2 people. I haven't actually called places yet. I would like to have a tour guide who could give some insight on things as I travel around. My budget is middle of the road. I don't need a chocolate on the pillow but definitely don't want a dirty hotel or someplace that may be unsafe. I don't mind paying for a very reputable name but I don't need 5 star. Just looking for a few names to start my search. Thanks for the response.
Jul 28th, 2008, 12:05 AM

I just traveled in Thailand on a group tour with a single man who has been to China once and is going back this September with the same company, he *highly* recommended them - China Spree is the name of the tour operator. I know he went & is going again with them as a single traveler so it must be possible.

We traveled with SmarTours to THailand, I don't know about their China tour but they were a great company to work with & I would highly recommend them. They also accomodate solo travelers.
Jul 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Lia

You might want to take a look at Pacific Delight Tours(http://www.pacificdelighttours.com/). You'll have to pay a single supplement, but they offer a good selection of tours.

Another option is to take a local city tour in each city which you can book in advance or upon arrival. Try Panda Tours (http://www.chinaonlinetravel.com/pan.../pandatour.htm) or Jinjiang Tours for Shanghai (http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...seeing-bus.htm).

As others have mentioned, all three cities are easy to manage on your own...
Aug 8th, 2008, 01:20 AM
morgen

Hi,
I find you some information.
Author: walter_ba21
Date: 08/07/2008, 08:49 am
We went with Chinahighlights. Their organization has been perfect and the assigned guides and drivers very professional and helpful. You can ask to customize the tour as you prefer, and i think, this is important.
So www.chinahighlights.com should be an option.
Try it.
Morgen

Aug 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Check out "China Focus" www.chinafocustravel with whom I took a tour in 1997. Granted that was a long time ago but the tour was fabulous and the guide excellent. I think if you call them you may be able to connect with an on-going tour.

I would sign up with them again in a heart beat. [email protected]