China Focus - Outstanding Value

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China Focus - Outstanding Value

We returned two weeks ago from a 21 day "Journey of a Lifetime" tour with China Focus. It truly was an outstanding trip and an exceptional value. We have traveled extensively and this trip ranks among the top. Our national guide, Wen Jen Wang (Tony), who was with us the entire time really added to the success of the trip. I must also mention our outstanding local guide in Guilin, Li Jian Feng (David). He really went the extra mile for us. Highlights of the trip are too numerous to discuss but in addition to the traditional major tourist attractions we really enjoyed visiting a kindergarten in Guilin and meeting the Chinese people throughout the trip. Was everything perfect on the trip, no. Was it a great trip over all, yes. Would we do it again, definitely. In fact, we plan on returning to China with China Focus on one of their other itineraries either next year or the following year.

The staff at China Focus is very responsive and efficient. We called them several times prior to the trip with questions and they always answered promptly.

A picture is worth a thousand words and I have posted many of ours on our web site at:
http://home.comcast.net/~philhouse11/

Can't wait to get back.

Phil House

I also posted this on Frommers China message board.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 06:05 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
How many people were on the tour? I'm interested in a trip to China at some point and might consider a tour - but don't want to go with a large group.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 06:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there a way to view your pictures as a slide show? Thanks!
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

I agree with you althom about problems with larger groups. However, in this case there were only 19 of us and we had no difficulty in experiencing delays due to the size of the group.

Unfortunately, a slideshow is not an option with my web site. You are stuck clicking on a thumbnail and then using your browser's back arrow to return to the thumbnail page. Sorry.
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM

We're doing their 13 day HCS (Historic China + an extra day in Shanghai) in March based on very positive personal feedback. We were told that at that time of year there are typically about 20 folks, but we were #'s 10 and 11 to sign up.
Only negative is flying coach all legs both ways from Central Mexico.
M
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:20 AM

Ritz Tours is good too!