Reload this Page >

China Eastern Airlines

Search

China Eastern Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Gayle

China Eastern Airlines

I have followed the discussions on China Air/Air China and decided to check out the safety record of the co. that we are flying HKong to Shanghai (China Eastern) Using the link stated on the thread http://aviationsafety.net/database/operator/top50.htm <BR>China Eastern wasnt listed in the 50 airlines. Are they ok, any feedback? thanks

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Andrea

I really can't help with the flight safety records, but I can tell you that we fly on China Eastern several times a year, and we're not dead yet! <BR> <BR>I don't mean to be flip - certainly flight safety records are important, and I know it is a concern in China. <BR> <BR>So, I can't help with an analysis of accident ratios, but I can tell you that they run hundreds of flights every day safely. <BR> <BR>Hopefully someone else can help you with specifics, I just thought I'd chime in and let you know that we fly with them semi-regularly and in our unscientific opinion, they're fine.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Les

Gayle, <BR>Go to http://www.airsafe.com, and near the upper-right of the page is a Search window. Key in China Air. You'll find much info. <BR>Let me point out that this site, and the other that you went to, provides info on fatal incidents, but that shouldn't necessarily deter you. Many, if not most, airlines have experienced fatal crashes at some time, but you should gather additional info before considering them "unsafe". In particular, the accident and fatality rates are much more meaningful, as they take into account passenger miles.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:59 PM
Gayle

Thanks for the replies. Im not a really a nervous flyer (what will be will be) but it got me interested when the airline wasnt listed and I actually hadnt heard of it before our booking.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Gayle

Thanks for the replies. Im not a really a nervous flyer (what will be will be) but it got me interested when the airline wasnt listed and I actually hadnt heard of it before our booking.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 01:00 PM
sheri

Just returned from China it is truly wondeful. with regard to Airline we had several things stoled and lock broken from suitcase. others in tour also had losses. double lock your case.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Michael

I've made dozens of trips in China on Air China (not China Air which is based in Taipei, Taiwan), China Eastern and China Southern. They are all good airlines. And, I (nor do I believe anyone I know) have not had anything taken from my bags.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:20 PM
Mary Soleil

We flew China Eastern several times when we were in China and it was just fine. The flights were fine. We had no trouble with our luggage. Nothing was stolen. Everything was just fine. Better than my flight home on United.