Chiang Mai Sheraton

Search

Chiang Mai Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chiang Mai Sheraton

We're booked at the Sheraton in Chiang Mai, but just read some reviews stating that the hotel has seen better days, has an odour issue...mould showers...

We would usually not bother, but its our honeymoon...not sure if we're willing to risk it at this time! Has anyone stayed there recently? Any feedback about the hotel?

Since we dont want to spend $500 at the Four Seasons/Mandarin, we're now looking into the Rachamanka as well...any info about this hotel and how it compares against the Sheraton?
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 01:10 PM

i have often seen mold in showers, even in 5* hotels and especially in the tropics....if it is there it just needs to be cleaned with bleach...you have to ask housekeeping to take care of it...and maybe mention to an asst. mgr and/or front desk...

our shower here at home occasionally get some mold in the cracks when it has not been treated, especially in warm/humid weather...

remember some hotel rooms are closed up all the time and some don't get used too often...its natural really...

the hotel is decent...not right in the center of town, which i assume you are aware of....
i would stay there again on a return trip...

i think it beats all the current thai establishments...
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! That helps...is it really way out there? As in- an inconvinient location or just a bit away from the centre?

I just wanted to confirm it wasnt as bad as some posts I read at other sites made it out to be. As long as its clean, we're good.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 02:58 PM

Just a short 5 minute tuk-tuk ride to the night market and restaurants (don't eat at the hotel). You'll need transportation for shopping in the handicraft villages on the outskirts as well as Wat Doi Su Thep and the elephant camp.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM

We just stayed in a wonderful suite at the Sheraton in July of this year. It was just about the biggest suite we've had anywhere.

We really enjoy the hotel's buffet breakfast. There are soooooo many items from which to choose.

Enjoy the Sheraton!

It really isn't that far from the night bazaar. I've stayed in this hotel about 4 or 5 times now and would continue to do so.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 06:26 PM

i just remembered that the room we had there was one of the biggest we have ever had in thailand...there is nothing thai about the hotel really but it is very comfortable...

as craig mentioned you will want to have a driver take you around on some days...its very cheap and you can have the hotel get you one, get one at the airport or ask any taxi driver you have if he would like to do it....

many of us on this board have used ratt for a driver in bkk....her sister provides the same service in chiang mai...her name is poon....you may have just read about her on this forum in the last few days...someone wrote nice things about her...you can contact rat at: [email protected]
she will put you in touch with her sister....it will make your travel days very special...
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your insights everyone! I will definately contact Ratt.