Chiang Mai hotels with internet access in room

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am just planning our second trip to Bangkok and Chiang Mai - we went to Bangkok and Chiang Rai two years ago. I need a hotel with high speed internet access in the room in Chiang Rai, wifi preferable and also want it to be in the centre within walking distance of the night market etc. I am struggling to find one that fits our needs so hope that someone can come to my rescue.
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, I mean Chiang Mai is where I need the room with internet access! (I am getting my Mai and Rai mixed up) lol
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM

Good luck with this one! I just checked the web site for the Sheraton Riverside in Chiang Mai. They don't say that high-speed internet is available at their location... and, if they don't have it THERE, you might be reaching for something that you won't find.

The several times I've stayed at the Sheraton, we've always checked our emails at the night bazaar. I didn't have my WiFi computer at that time. Now I do have one, and I also look for in-room access. It's not always so easy to find...
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Some hotel descriptions state that the Rachamankha has high speed access in their rooms, and some don't, so it seems a bit of a gamble - what did we do before the internet came along!? lol
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:13 AM

I had the same question in other locations in SE Asia. I e-mailed the hotels directly and asked very specifically (high speed, in the room, extra cost, etc.) I e-mailed several and based my final choice on who was most responsive, timewise and knowledgewise.
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:33 PM

i bet the new oriental has it???
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:26 AM

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. We have high speed access but it is up and down much of the time in the daytime hence we have to do a lot of night work for data transfers. If you just want to do email then I wouldn't worry about it, depends what type of thing you want the High Speed for.
Old May 10th, 2005, 06:27 PM

Louise, I realize you probably need to do business stuff in your room, but just as info, I found an internet place at the end of the night market for I think 20 baht an hour. That is 50 cents U.S. Then my husband came along and got a better deal - 100 baht for a hour internet AND an hour Thai massage.