Cheap flights out of Singapore

Apr 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Cheap flights out of Singapore

I thought this was some very useful information. Wish I had known about the Jetstar flight to Siem Reap earlier!

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/sing...rom-singapore/
Cheap flights from Singapore

Burma: Burma is turning out to be one of the year’s hottest travel destinations, and Jetstar will get you to Rangoon for as little as S$130 one-way. At the time of writing it was still necessary to obtain a visa in advance, and you can try at the Burmese Embassy in Singapore.
Cambodia: Jetstar offers direct flights from Singapore to both of Cambodia’s international airports – Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. A one-way fare usually costs around S$100, but during sales prices drop as low as $$60.
Indonesia: Since travelling by boat from Singapore to Indonesia is not very practical, take advantage of one of the many cheap flights connecting these two island nations. The popular Singapore-Bali route is flown by Jetstar and AirAsia, though the sale fares with KLM Airways are almost as cheap and include checked luggage and on-board refreshments. All three of the big budget airlines (AirAsia, Jetstar, Tiger) fly to Jakarta, but only AirAsia flies to the cultural capital of Yogyakarta. AirAsia also flies to Bandung and Jetstar to Medan and Surabaya. As long as you’re flexible with your travel dates, it’s easy to find a one-way fare for S$60-100.
Laos: Sorry – there are no direct flights from Singapore to Laos. The quickest way to get there would be to book two flights with AirAsia: Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, and then Kuala Lumpur to Vientiane.
Malaysia: If you don’t have the time for a leisurely bus or train trip, you’ll be happy to hear Singapore and Malaysia are well connected by budget airlines. Between AirAsia, Jetstar, and Tiger Airways, there are more than 20 budget flights every day from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur and fares can be as low as S$30 – as cheap as taking the bus. For around S$60 you can fly to Penang (AirAsia, Jetstar, Tiger Airways) or to lovely Langkawi Island (Jetstar). The regional airline Firefly flies from Singapore to the smaller airports at Ipoh, Kuantan, and Subang (Kuala Lumpur). If you’re travelling to eastern Malaysia to explore the jungles of Borneo, AirAsia flies to Kota Kinabalu while both AirAsia and Tiger fly to Kuching.
Philippines: Both Jetstar and Cebu Pacific fly Singapore–Manila for around S$100. For a slightly cheaper fare, you can fly with Tiger Airways or Cebu Pacific to Clark Airport outside of Manila. Cebu Pacific also offers cheap flights to Cebu, which is a great starting point to explore the Philippines’ amazing islands and beaches.
Thailand: If you're heading to the capital city or to the beach, Tiger Airways, Air Asia, and Jetstar all fly the Singapore–Bangkok and Singapore-Phuket routes. Air Asia offers direct flights from Singapore all the way north to Chiang Mai, and Tiger Airways flies to Krabi and Hat Yai in the south. On weekdays a one-way flight costs S$50-100 including tax, but prices to these popular holiday destinations skyrocket on weekends.
Vietnam: Tiger Airways and Jetstar offer direct flights from Singapore to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Jetstar will also sell you a ticket to Da Nang via Ho Chi Minh City. Considering it would take more than three days of non-stop driving to get to Vietnam, S$80-100 for a one-way flight is a bargain.
AirAsia - www.airasia.com
 Jetstar - www.jetstar.com

Tiger Airways - www.tigerairways.com
 Firefly - www.firefly.com.my

Cebu Pacific - www.cebupacificair.com
 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - www.klm.com
Copied from:
Apr 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Not to sound like a TV commercial, but...Thanks to our good friend Smeagol and her tip-off about JetStar Asia flights to Rangoon from Singapore...we saved a good $350 between the 2 of us for our flights from Singapore.
Apr 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM

Silk Air, a subsidiary of Singapore Air is an excellent regional carrier, but the prices are quite high. However, if you reserve far in advance, you can get super-saver fares. We just bought open-jaw tickets to Java for under US$200 per person.
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Awww thanks FW, just SO glad to have helped. Starting to sort things for my CA trip am sure I will be asking you a bunch of stuff! X
Kathie, I found the Burma flights on Silk Air to be quite expensive ( well they were last year) however I totally agree they are a great carrier and do have some super deals, have flown them a few times over the years out of SP
Apr 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Also give my vote for firefly. We used them when we went to Malaysia. Excellent small low costs carrier. Didn't bat an eye about our extra luggage and the planes were all brand new and very comfy seats. Seem to think it cost £ 25 for both of us to fly Langkawi to Penang!