COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Changi to Johor Bahru

Old Nov 18th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Original Poster

Changi to Johor Bahru

Hello

Just wondering if anyone had any brilliant idea as to the best way to get from Changi Airport to Johor Bahru (anywhere in JB, really, via the Causeway or the Second Link) via public transport?

I'm aware of the Transtar bus service, but I heard that they are not too reliable as they only allocate about 15 minutes for a busload of passengers to go through immigration. Probably convenient for those commuting for work without big luggages, but I imagine I would take a bit longer with my luggage trying to get through for custom checks, etcetera.

Private transfers seem to cost upwards of $150... surely there's a way to take a public taxi across? I would be happy to transfer from Changi to anywhere else in Singapore from where I might be able to take a taxi that would wait for me as I cross the border.

Appreciate any tips (and recommendations of taxi companies)!!
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Information is scarce about taxi-ing across the border, but there are some suggestions online of taking taxis from the Queen Street Terminal in Singapore... would it be possible to go through the Second Link for this?

What about going into Singapore from JB?
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 10:27 PM

About 4 years ago I took a taxi booked by my hotel in Singapore to the port at Tanjung Pelepas, across Second Link, not a big deal. Crossing could not have taken much time as, to tell you the truth, I don't even remember it. I think taxis do it routinely.
Old Dec 30th, 2016, 12:21 PM

If you want to choose easy way to pass border, you better take a International taxi from Queens Street. It's near Bugis MRT station. There is bus terminal and you can get International taxi to go to JB from there. When you take a taxi to pass border,you don't need to get out from taxi so you can save your time. If you take a bus, you need to get out from bus and pass border counter so it's take long time to pass it. I think International taxi cost around $50. just for your information, you can take a bus from this Bugis bus terminal to go to JB. It's cost around $4