Cha-am/Hua Hin

Aug 30th, 1998, 04:19 PM
Carole

Cha-am/Hua Hin

Has anyone stayed at either Cha-am or Hua Hin resorts in Thailand? We are a family of five - mum, dad, and offspring aged 25, 16 and 17 and are planning our first trip to Thailand for next August. We are thinking of staying for one week in one of the above resorts after a seven day Golden Triangle tour. I am a bit worried to read that there is only four hours of sunshine per day in August. How can this be? Any advice or help gratefully received.

Aug 31st, 1998, 12:44 PM
Martha

My husband and I stayed in Hua Hin 2 years ago. It's a very quiet town with a lovely beach, restaurants and stores that cater to German tourists. The water is a bit rough for swimming. I don't understand about the lack of sunshine. We were there in July and my husband got mild heat exhaustion after sitting under an umbrella! You'll be glad to be staying at a beach after touring Bangkok. Don't miss the Jim Thompson house.

Sep 2nd, 1998, 08:28 AM
tuuli

i and my boyfriend stayed at the dusit polo club and resortin hua hin last christmas. even in the middle of the winter there was sunshine around the clock. where did your get your info on lack of daylight?!!? anyway, hua hin is a good place for a relaxing vacation, night life is very quiet, but there are a very nice outdoor restaurants, thai food is delicious, try lobster. dusit was 10 km rom hua hin village, but transportation is available around the clock and it is practically free... dusit is a first class resort with dozens of sport facilities from horse back riding to all kind of water sports, there were several restaurants and very good service. last christmas. dusit hotels have their own web pages. enjoy your vacation!

Sep 6th, 1998, 12:23 PM
Jo Harriet

We had a wonderful time in that area in July 97. There was plenty of daylight; it got dark about 7:30 or 8 pm. I cannot understand the daylight problem. The people are wonderful, the food is delightful, have a great time.

Oct 8th, 1998, 07:20 AM
vigdis

Between Hua Hin and Cha Am I would choose Hua Hin, Cha Am seems to me too quiet. Hua Hin is a nice little town, and I can't understand about the rough sea that somebody mentioned. We were there in January and used only the sea, no pools.

Search this Thread