Centre Point Silom closed?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the Centre Point Silom actually closed? I am in the process of making a reservation for December 24.

Are there any other conveniently located hotels (or serviced apartments) on the with 1 or 2 bedroom? My family will be staying in Bangkok (post long flight) for 3 nights.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM

Hello there.
I am not sure of the status of Centrepoint Silom, and when it is actually closing for renovations, but there are certainly plenty of other serviced aparmtents in Bangkok with 1 and 2 bedrooms in good locations. Of course, depending on what location u r seeking..

First off, Centre POInt has many other properties/locations in Bangkok, so u can look at what is available at Centrepoint.com They have a property on wireless, sukhumvit, and soi LangSuan.

Another group of great serviced apartments in Bangkok is the Ascott/Somersets. They have about 4/5 properties in Bangkok too. The Ascott Sathorn is a beautiful five star apartment on Sathorn, and the Somerset Suan View has a superb central location, near Central Chitlom and plonchit and Suna PLu is near to Silom. U can go to their website at The-Ascott.com

I have stayed at three of there properties, Somerset Suan View, The Ascott and Somerset Suan PLu, and i wld recco all of them!

There are plenty of other serviced apartments in Bangkok, such as Emporium, Sri Sathorn, THe Marriot, Natural Ville, etc. U can do a big general search of the market at moveandstay.com or even at Asiatravel.com.

happy travels. Sawadeeka..
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

Bonita, thank you for your reply. The Ascott website is a bit quirky-I'm having problems with it.

I've never been to Bangkok, so it's not clear which locations would be best for us. We want to do the usual tourist sites. Probably almost any of the serviced apts will do as far as amenities (2 bedrooms, clean, safe)-but which locations are easiest to get around?

thanks again
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM

Also, do email them to be sure. They were very responsive to emails in our case. Great location.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:05 PM

I was staying at Centre Point Silom just a few days ago. No indication that it would be closing at any time. They are a bit slow on replying to the reservation line. What makes you think that it might be closing? Hope not - its a good location and good apartments. I book through AtSiam.com and there rate is very good.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM

from what i know (and i wrote on another thread), they planned to close it on october 2006 , but then postponed it to march 2007.

at least this is what i've got as an answer from them
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

I booked the Centre Point Silom through atsiam.com. I have emailed both the hotel and atsiam.com for info on possible closing
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 09:09 AM

may, thanks for the information. Many people headed for Bangkok in the next few months will be pleased to hear that they have postponed their closing!
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 02:34 AM

I am staying at the Center Point Silom right now. Today I talked to someone about the renovations. They told me that they will not be closed. They will be conventing some of the rooms to studio size. They will be doing the work floor by floor. This is the latest plan.
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 06:50 AM

moveandstay.com Happy Travels!
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you stitchintime for the current. Atsiam.com wrote me back to confirm the renovations and stating that work will be done from 9a-5pm. We'll be staying in a 2 bedroom Dec 24-27-I hope that we can be on a non-renovating floor because we will be jet lagged and may be sleeping late.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 06:55 AM

atsiam.com is much cheaper than moveandstay.com .

moveandstay just forwarded the request to the hotel, and i got the regular price that the hotel pulishes.
atsiam was much cheaper.

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 06:57 AM

Yes, moveandstay is very expensive. It's useful mostly for locating apartments. But you would want to negotiate directly with the place for a long stay or use a booking service for a short stay.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Actually, they were doing renovations on our floor back in January. Construction on the vestibule areas and at least one room, a couple of floors up from the breakfast area.

There were some tarps up, but nothing very obtrusive. The worked during the day. Didn't hear anything 4 doors down from the work. So it's good news that they'll stay open.

We booked directly with Centre Point, on their website.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM

I'm planning to book a serviced apt for december and hoping to spend under US100/night AND have close walking distance to skytrain. Besides the CP Silom, has anyone stayed at, say, the Omni near Nana? thanks
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 02:14 PM

sorry, ignore last post! i found some great info via a site search
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM

simpsonc510 often stays at omni and has found it to be quite servicable
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM

Mayeast...I recommended moveandstay.com for the extensive list, plus photos of possible places. Not to necessarily book through them. I have never booked through them as I contact the buildings directly. Plus, moveandstay's website is very fast. I've tried other websites and it has taken forever to access the info. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:59 PM

I just checked atsiam.com for the prices of the building that I stay in and checked to see their price for the time period that I will be there and their price is definitely higher than what I'll be paying. I did direct contact with my building. One can try negotiating over the building's website. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

I am staying at the Centre Point Silom over Christmas. I booked through atsiam.com. I emailed them about renovations and they said that renovations were between 9 am and 5 pm on some of the floors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -