Search

Central Bangkok Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central Bangkok Hotels

Greetings.

First I would like to thank the folks on this board. The info is so helpful !

We are going to Koh Sammui and Bankok -
July 1 for 12 nights. We have 7 nights reserved at the Amari Palm Reef In KS -
For Bangkok, ???
We're thinking we want Central - With almost direct Access to the SkyTrain, or at least nearby. Anyone know anything about ?
Pathumwan Princess, Novotel Siam City Hotel,
The Siam City Hotel, Amari Watergate ?
Am I looking at REAL Central Hotels ?
Any Suggestions ?
Also, what can we expect to pay for a taxi
BKK to Town ?

Thanks,
David
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM

siam city. is thai owned and offers a lot of bang for the buck.. but it not that easaly accesible too the skytrain.. on the map it's right there but in reallity you will have too cross some seriously bussy streets or walk a bit and cross the paddestrian bridge on ayuthaya st.

Pathumwan Princess,. is connected too MBK mall and is accros the street from siam center.. the skytrain is a fairly short cool walk threw the mall. after 10PM when the mall closses. it's still easy enough too get back too hotel.

Amari watergate. is between 2 skytrain station but both are a long stroll away. too go too chit lome. you may need too go up and dwon a couple of padestrian bridges. the hotel is located in pratunam wich is a verry bussy clothing and trade district wich is basicaly in the midlle of town.

last but not least
Novotel siam is realy closs too siam station which is the hub staton . once again you are already in the center of town and in siam center (which is basicly your teen shoppers hangout)
inside the hotel you have CM2 which is bkk's old stand bye for upscale nightclubs . as it is you can walk too most of bkk's premier shopping centers.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

orgy 7 -
Thanks so much for the information !
I think, Novotel Siam will be the one.
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM

sorry for bad info. siam center is a mall in siam square district. novatell is also in siam square..

choose what you may, I only stayed in siam city hotel.. I hate giving advice on hotels since everyone has thier own budget and confort level.. I'm just helping ya out with the skytrain question.. GOOD luck
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 04:45 PM

Not sure if this will be of interest to you, but we always stay at the Centre Point Silom. The Skytrain is less than 1/2 block away and so is the river taxi. IMO the location can't be beat, nor can the price. This is an executive serviced apartment building, not a hotel per se, so your room will include a complete kitchen, washer/dryer, lots of closet space, etc. Very nicely appointed, the equivalent of a 3-star hotel I'd say.
http://www.centrepoint.com/
It's the Silom property you want.