Cebu

Feb 16th, 2000, 04:05 AM
peg

Cebu

I have to go to Cebu in April and have a week to spare, has anyone any info of islands or places that they have been to that aren't too far away from that area. Peg.

Feb 17th, 2000, 07:53 PM
susyq

I believe the southern end of Cebu is very pretty - follow this round to a place called Moalboal which is a beachy laid back place to swim, snorkel or dive.
From Cebu City you can get a fast ferry (2-3 hours) to Siquijor via Dumaguete, which is a lovely rustic island with very friendly people. Stay at casa de la Playa on Sandugan beach run by 2 amazing women - gorgeous little cottages beautifully decorated and in good shape. Swim, snorkel, dive, visit the fishing villages, go to the local markets, visit the limestone caves, see the witch tree, hike in the hills. It's very cheap and quite lovely.

Feb 18th, 2000, 10:00 PM
peg

susyq, thank you for the info, this sounds what I'm looking for, how far is the accommodation from the ferry terminal on Siquijor?

Feb 24th, 2000, 08:38 PM
erwin

Hi Peg,

Why not go to Balicasag Island in Bohol? From Cebu you take a two-hour ferry to Bohol's capital, Tagbilaran and then from there you are on your way to the Philippines' best diving site (as many label it). In Bohol is where you can find the tarsier (a tiny animal only available in the Philippines) and the famous chocolate hills.

Feb 25th, 2000, 02:12 PM
peg

Erwin, thanks for going to the trouble to reply, last time I was in Cebu I went to Bohol and Alona beach. I had considered going there again, but then thought I should be more venturesome and try something new. I'm a 'young' 64 yrs travelling by myself, and still get a little nervous of trying something unfamiliar. Peg.