Reload this Page >

Cathy vs. British Air

Search

Cathy vs. British Air

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 05:59 PM
D. Silver

Cathy vs. British Air

Planning trip from New York. Flying business class on either Cathy Pacific or British Air. Interested in information comparing the quality of their services.

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 04:53 AM
Michael

Both are quality airlines. I'd give Cathay a slight edge in cabin staff and British a slight edge in accomodations.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 03:39 AM
Gorodon R

Just curious, why do people from the US always refer to British Airways as "British Air". Nobody in the UK does. Is this just a local habit of shortening names ?

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Krista

Gordon, <BR> <BR>I don't think people are trying to shorten the name and I don't think it's just people from the U.S. I work in the travel industry and many people use airline names incorrectly. For example, we have an airline by the name of America West, but everyone insists on calling it American West. I guess because of American Airlines. So I think the problem is just that people don't pay attention.

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 08:00 AM
G Vintani

Cathay without any doubt, and believe one who has a BA Gold card. The new business class of BA (currently available only on LHR-JFK) is really great, but the non refurbished 747 have the same business class setting as CX. CX has an INCREDIBLE lead in cabin staff, and they also have the best video system. They are also very kind. Believe me, CX are the best. I am flying CX to HKG in mid august and didn't think twice about flying BA. I normally fly BA to/from the US.