Carry on luggage allowance

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Steve

Carry on luggage allowance

Does anyone know the carry on size and weight for Southern China Airlines. I'm flying Beijing to Guillin in a 747. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Bob

Carry on weight limit is 11 pounds. Flew them several times last month and they never weighed my carry on.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 04:44 PM
cash

Steve, <BR>Government dimensions are 9x22x14 including all wheels, handles, etc. On our flights the airlines had people checking the size by eye and if it looked more than, it had to be checked. No one weighed anything.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 04:10 AM
Ishoo

I saw some mighty big carryons on our flights and no one even looked at ours. One bit of advice: They do not board by seat row numbers so try to get in line early as ALL the overhead space is used on full flights. In some places you must walk from the terminal out on the tarmac to board your plane.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 03:57 AM
Judy

They did not check our carry-on but weighted our checked luggage. The couple traveling with us had to pay about $42.00 for over weight. Check with you airline for the weight of checked luggage.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 08:38 PM
Barry

During four in-country flights over the past two weeks, we never had any baggage problems. At first our tour group members adhered to the 10-lb carryon, 44-lb checked luggage rule. By the end of two weeks, no one was checking and we looked like a safari laden down with odd packages, extra luggage picked up along the way and bulging (overweight) bags.