Car Parking at Uno Port

Search

Car Parking at Uno Port

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Parking at Uno Port

We will be two couples travelling through Japan by car instead of train at the end of March. We want to take the ferry from Uno Port to Naoshima and spend the night there but we aren't sure what to do with our car. I need advice as I have searched the web to no avail for an answer. I figure our options are to leave the car overnight at the port in a hopefully secure parking facility OR to take the car with us on the ferry to Naoshima. I read on line that the ferry takes cars, but am not sure at all if cars are welcome on the island.

I need to know if there is a parking garage at the port and/or if cars are allowed onto the island and where on the island could we leave the car? Also, do the various museums have parking lots or are most people going by shuttle?

Please help me figure this one out! Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found below website. They have English web. (Click right top English mark)
Www.tamano-art.jp
Www.benesse-artiste.jp

They had festival last March and during that time, there were expand car parking space at Uno port.
Many people are leaving their car near Uno port and going to islands.
Cheapest car parking called "port parking Uno" 500yen 24hrs
I googled their address but there are many place shows on map so I'm not sure exact place.
I'll write Japanese address so you better google it or ask someone when you arrive Uno.
岡山県玉野市築港5-6-3
If you are stay over night in Uno are, you can ask your hotel to keep your car there. Must be free.