BP International

Search

BP International

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BP International

Anyone got any views on this hotel in Kowloon? It's main advantage to us is that it has triple rooms for our three sons, looks reasonable and close to MTR. Next to Kowloon Park which can't be bad. Most reviews are positive.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:10 AM

I stayed there about 5 years ago. The (twin) rooms we were in were pretty small. Plenty of tour groups milling in the lobby. But we used the hotel solely for sleeps and it was indeed quite convenient and serviceable.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM

It's not that close to the MTR, but okay.

Decent hotel, but one problem is that it's one of the main coach terminus to China. So, you'll find the hotel full of mainland Chinese visitors.

Few hotels in Hong Kong have triple rooms, so if you can find one there, that may be your best choice.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:42 AM

Three years ago I also stayed at the BP, which incidentally stands for Baden Powell, who founded the Boy Scouts. Price was reasonable/on the cheaper side, rooms small as JannaG said, and it's between the TST and Jordan Metro stations but either isn't a very far walk. It's a half block west of Nathan Road and just north of the park, as you know, which has some things the boys might find interesting. Overall I'd recommend it as a decent place at a good price.

K
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM

The BP International used to be called the "Boy Scouts HQ Hotel" in Chinese and was competitor to the YMCA International House (not Salisbury), Caritas Bianchi Lodge or the Salvation Army Booth Lodge.

But it's gone upscale, dropped the Chinese name, and just called itself BP International and is a real 3* hotel, though I believe the Boy Scout's HQ is still there.

Jordan MTR is a lot closer (about 300 yards) than Tsimshatsui (about 600 yards). Also short walk to Knutsford Terrace behind the Miramar Hotel for all kinds of bars and restaurants.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM

I stayed there once to see what it was like as I went to HK a lot on business. It ws o.k. - just fine, but I always got a good rate at the Kimberly & it was a much nicer place than BP. They have some suites there & you should try to get a rate - contact Marco Polo travel in HK - U have to pay in advance & get a voucher, but it is worth it - v. nice hotel & only a few blocks from BP & 1 block from Metro.