Boston GTG parking question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am driving in from CT and need to find a garage to park since street parking in Cambridge is impossible. No mention of any garage at the Hotel@mit website.Any suggestions?
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Not to worry - there is a large garage right next to the hotel/restaurant. I am sure someone else will chime in with the details. Where are you coming from in CT? - My wife Jeane and I am from Avon, northwest of Hartford.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:18 PM

bob/lax---have you contacted me that you are coming because i do not recognize you by this name...hope you are...can you let me know please...

there is a garage attached to the hotel...it is sort of a mini mall there...go past the front door and you will see the entrance just down 200 feet or so on the right.. last winter they gave us 3 hours complimentary but i forgot to check on that for this season....we will let you know....so there is no problem with parking there...

bob

[email protected]
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Craig, we live in Ridgefield, CT which puts us closer to NYC and the Yankees, hence my mild trepidation on venturing into Red Sox country
Bob i have sent you an email
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 04:45 AM

Don't worry, boblax - it is not a hostile group. I attended the last Boston GTG and returned home unscathed. I left my navy blue Yankee cap in CT though.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:02 AM

thanks box/lax....my fault
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM

How could parking in and around Boston ever be a concern? Just do what we natives do and don't pay the tickets. The towing facilities are very pleasant.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Gpanda,from your comments,it seems the towing facilities are run by pandas, but we know that parking bureaus anywhere only hire wily bamboos except NYC which has definately more reptiles. Now bob on reading this,will poison our lunch entree with a drug from the golden triangle and we will writhe, bleed and have seizures like the man in Bangkok 8. I still am coming to Cambridge
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:07 PM

Hello from Portsmouth, New Hampshire! I've made it this far... should not be too hard to make it to BOS on Saturday. Arrived this morning in Manchester NH and spent the day taking in the scenery (including swollen rivers and lots of rapid water).

See everyone very soon.

Carol and Son
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM

the red carpet is ready for the reigning bkk queen!!! and son in tow....hope he is more interesting than prince charles....

we keep giving the panda poison but he is tough...go figure an attorney who does not pay parking tickets...must be a dem....from camb...def a dem...and will probably run for office here...
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:56 AM

Just a note. There's a very good chance that Bob has usurped the parking concession. Given his past practices, he's probably jacking up the prices and making the valets turn over their tips.

Boblax-As noted in previous posts, Pandas are omnivores. Omni-includes what would be regarded as poisons by mere humans. Hence "Panda poison" is an oxymoron. Also, I readily acknowledge that there is something bizarre about a fifty-three year old man over-identifying with a specific animal.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:00 AM

Bob
Is it politically correct for a "babe magnet" to also be a queen?

gpanda..
Do you carry your afliction to such extremes as cat person who has bone implants and whiskers???

Carol
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM

C-I've been "graced" with a Panda-like physique. No additional modifications were necessary. Plus, they would be difficult items around which to tailor a suit. Bob, on the other hand, has had numerous cosmetic surgeries.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM

just realized there must be some Asia Fodorite reunion going on in Boston this weekend. Wish we'd known!!! We live in Virginia Beach, but raised in Hartford...college in NYC and Boston. Small world. We're heading to BKK, HCMC, Siem Reap, Luang Prabang in February....lots of time to gather words of wisdom...
Particularly about BKK. Been 3 times...still feel we've just scratched the surface. I'll be picking your brains for another 3 months!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 07:05 PM

jodo....sorry if you did not see the posting...it has been on the europe and asia sites for several months...especially on the asia site there has been almost daily conversation or some would say dribble...