Bossotel Inn, Bangkok

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bossotel Inn, Bangkok

Hi All,
Has anyone stayed at the Bossotel Inn in Bangkok? It's inexpensive and close to the river and the skytain. We are thinking of getting the "delux" room which is the best they offer. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:17 AM

I have never stayed there but have walked by in and peeked in last trip. It looked pretty depressing to me. I think you can do better (maybe not near the river) for the same price. And while I love staying on the river , the Bossotel is not on but near the river so you won't get the same feeling (i.e. you won't be sitting outside having breakfast and watching the river come to life).
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM

Small hotel with fantastic location, just a short walk to the river ferry pier, skytrain, department stores and other shopping areas and restaurants. The rooms are adequate but nothing fancy and are clean. Request a larger corner room (if booking a deluxe or superior) as the rooms vary greatly in size. Restaurant but no pool. You would be hard pressed to find this kind of location for the price. About a 21/2 star property.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:29 PM

if you want to be in that area may i suggest that you look at the centre point silom serviced apartments...they are far nicer than the bossotel and nearby .....

try this site for hotels:

www.huahin.20m.com

use the drop down box and select bangkok city....hotels are listed by street address...
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM

how much is the BOSS going too cost you? and whats your budget on acamidations for trip..?
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

orgy7,
The price for a delux room (their finest) is $40.00 USD and includes taxes & breakfast.
We plan on just sleeping there and not spending a great deal of time at the hotel.
It looks like it's centrally located for transportation and shopping. We would like to keep the price at $50.00 or less.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Im with gloria on this one the location is OK but since it's not on the river then your kind of getting nothing out of it. the price dosn't seem like a good deal you could get way better hotels for cheaper ... and with 50 you could land youself a nice place with a pool..

Im one of the budget/value minded guys on this forum and from walking by the place it looks dumpy.. (NO BIG DEAL) but as I said for 40 bucks you can find better.. or if you just want a clean place too sleep yan easaly find a place for $25

do you really need too be somehwhere near the river?

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM

I read a couple of good reviews recently about a place called Buddy Lodge which may be in your price range.
http://www.buddylodge.com/buddylodge.html

You might also look at Asia Hotel and Swiss Lodge. None are near the river but the only reason to be on the river is if you are actually ON it not near it. You will not feel like you are near the river at the Bossotel.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Actually you can get the Bossotel for $25 standard room, $31 superior and deluxe $34. But if you can spend up to $50 then there are certainly better places with just as good a location. Asia Hotel, Regency Park, Holiday Mansion, Silom Serene are just a few. Buddy Lodge is on Khaosan Road the famous place for the backpacker crowd. Nothing wrong with that but the location is poor-no skytrain/subway nearby.