Boracay Accommodation Friday's vs Smaller Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are undecided between Friday's and True Home Hotel. Has anyone been to both? The price is not very different. We prefer more intimate boutique hotels to big resorts but don't want somewhere shabby. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM

I have never stayed in Fridays and I have stayed in true homes. They are both in the good area. Fridays is at the end of the White Beach so it's quiet and is in the widest part of the beach. I have seen their rooms and they were alright 5 years ago, unless they recently renovated I would think they look old now. True homes is in the busy part of the good area of the white beach where a lot of the local folks and their kids and dogs stay. The rooms we stayed in was nice, we had a big balcony facing the beach, but the bathroom needs refurbishing.

There are new boutique hotels in the same area. One is Conosur and a more luxurious one called the Two Seasons. They are both small quite new and reasonable enough. Will try to find their web pages and post it.
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Sorry, the name of the resort is Sur, i can't find their web page but here is the link of their mobile number +639204503547 (I hope its still the same) and the trip advisor review on this hotel:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...y_Visayas.html.

Two Seasons:
http://www.twoseasonsboracay.com/

I noticed on your earlier post that you will be there right on Holy Week which is a major busy holiday week here in the Philippines and majorly so in Boracay. I hope you get to finalize your bookings soon.

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM

Don't know how to edit posts here, but realized it's April and not March that you are coming. It wont be that busy the week of April 18. Sorry bout that.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot borgo. I got quite a shock when you said Holy Week! In fact so far I haven't had any replies from either Friday's or True Home which is odd. I hope we are still in good time. Also the beach shouldn't be quite so lively that week! I quite like the idea of being in a more "local" place rather than in a resort. I will have a look at the other two you mention. Also Dave's Straw Hat gets amazing reviews on Trip Advisor. True Home was one of our choices because it belongs to a friend of a friend who is also Italian. I was hoping to get the upstairs room with the balcony. I think they call it a suite. Is that the one you stayed in?
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Borgo, thanks for the info on the two hotels. We're planning a trip to Boracay this December. We were planning to stay at the Seawind in their new rooms across the street. Room rates being the same, which do you think is better - Seawind or Two Seasons? Thanks!
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

I am now considering splitting our stay: Friday's has a good package offer including flights. We are thinking of staying there the first 2 nights then moving to True Home. We will be travelling light. Do you think this is a crazy idea?
Two seasons looks nice but a the pictures look a bit too city hotel-ish...
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM

Yes we stayed in that suite, I think its Room number 8 if my memory serves me right.

Martinian, Seawind is ok, more native decor than 2 seasons. I like 2 seasons cause its newer and its a small family run hotel whereas Seawind is a big resort, but its still considered nice.

Carrom, I don't think its a problem to move hotels, but Boracay is really small so why move? Everything is a walk or a tricycle ride away.