Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

So you come all the way to Barcelona to meet the Exec Chefs of the Bangkok Hyatt, Marriott and the owner of Tapas Cafe!

Search

So you come all the way to Barcelona to meet the Exec Chefs of the Bangkok Hyatt, Marriott and the owner of Tapas Cafe!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're in Barcelona for 2 months and today in our favourite Tapas Bar we met the exec chefs of the Bangkok Hyatt and Marriott and the owner of Tapas Cafe.

They had just arrived (after 28 hours of flying) for the Alimentaria Show - a major trade show. After chatting with them we definitely plan to attend.

We traded restaurant lists - I was very happy that we had most of the same restaurants on our list.

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 02:00 PM

It really is a small world!

Would you mind sharing their Bangkok restaurant lists (as much as you can remember), especially those that haven't been talked about on the board.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie - we traded Barcelona restaurant lists! But I might catch up with them at Alimentaria and I will definitely ask aboutt BKK (I expect the owner of Tapas Cafe will recommend Tapas Cafe!)

Old Mar 10th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Craig,

I really enjoyed your trip report--as usual.

Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM

Sorry--wrong thread.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 04:06 AM

If you have the time, try to take a day trip to Girona, about 40 mins away by easy train, or rent a car. Girona has an outstanding medieval center, with an impressive and famous church, one of the best and most well preserved ancient Jewish quarters in Europe and also some great food, and chocolate. Many of the seaside towns along the coast, driving north from BCN are just beautiful. Have fun and have some tapas and pan tomat for all of us.
Tengo
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Hi Tengo - thanks for the Girona suggestion - we've got 3 more weeks here and I think we'll do that one day plus Montserrat. We were going to go to Granada but with Easter coming up the cheap flights....aren't.

But we are going to Malta for 3 nights at the end of the month to check it out as a possible winter spot for future years..........then back to Toronto in early April which is looking to be WAY too early this year as it approaches record snowfall levels!